Chapter Thirty-Two

It was now summer, and I continued to see Lamar but only on lunch breaks and when he picked up Little L., I didn't want to be alone with him. Being alone with him was not a good idea. I always ended up sleeping with him. Anthony and I continued to see each other on the weekends. On the weekdays, Little L and I mostly spent those with Terrence. It was nice having my friend back. We never talked about the letter or Him being in love with me. I still had the occasional dream or two about him, but I chalked that up to my mind and body, trying to get back at Lamar. He was great with Little L and he cooked all the time for us. It was like having my own personal chef. It made me sad that since school was out and Lamar was going to be spending some of his summer vacation with his grandparents that I wouldn't see him as much.

It was 7:00 a.m. "So, are you ready to go to your grandparents?" I asked as I zipped his last suitcase.

"I can't wait! They said that they have everything planned for me. We are going to go on a lot of trips."

"I guess that is one of the perks of being the only grandchild. Huh?"

"What's a perk?" he asked.

"A perk, something like getting extra stuff. Meaning...you get a whole lot more than you would if you had another brother or sister."

"Oh okay, I like that." he said as he shook his head and pointed his finger out.

I laughed and said, "Come on crazy, let's go."

I was driving Lamar up to his grandparents so I could spend some extra time with him since he was going to be gone for so long. He went out with his father the night before to the movies, the arcade, laser tag, and out to eat. So, I decided to spend the day with him even though they lived only like an hour away. I didn't have anything particular planned, but we were going to do whatever came to mind.

I told Anthony that I would call him before we left. So, I dialed him.

"Hello."

"Hey, I was just calling to let you know that I was leaving."

"Okay, I wish I could go with you. I really don't want you driving by yourself."

"I'll be okay. It's not that far, and I will be back before you know it." I said with a calming voice. I will see you as soon as I get back." I said as I walked from my room back into Little L's room.

"Okay. All that driving you are going to need one of my special massages."

"Yes, that sounds so good. I will be waiting for that. Talk to you soon."

I pushed end on my phone and picked up the bags.

"Okay are you ready?"

"Yeah, I can't wait to show, pop pop my new video games." he yelled as he left out of the room.

"Hold on. How about you come back and help your mother with your bags. Here grabbed the one with your games in it since you are so excited to show them to your grandfather."

Lamar ran back into the room and grabbed his bag, and shot back out like a bolt of lightning.

"Slow down before you fall and hurt yourself." I yelled.

After we finally left the house and stepped off the elevator. Who comes strolling in with his woman on his arm?

"Uncle T." Little L yelled.

"Hey, Little man. Looks like you and your mommy are going on a long trip?"

I walked up behind Little L and grabbed his arm.

"I'm going with granny and pop pop."

"Hello." I said to the both of them as I pulled him back.

I know this is always said, but if looks could kill, I swear I would have been dead as sure as I was standing there. Ms. Almond cut me a look; I could feel the heat that was running through her body. I didn't pay it any attention. I thought that maybe she must have been having a bad day.

"It's early where are you two strolling in from?" I asked as I tried to do the friendly convo thing.

Terrence cleared his throat and said, "Teresa and I stayed over at her place last night."

"Yes, Terrence surprised me with this wonderful night out. Dinner, dancing, and a late-night stroll, it was perfect. Now, we are headed up to his place so he can get changed so we can go and get some breakfast."

I smiled. "How sweet. You always know how to treat the ladies."

"You know me."

"Yeah, I do, I used to have to give you pointers, now it seems as though you have it all under control." I said as I laughed.

"Yeah, I let you think that."

"Okay lets go with that." I looked at Teresa, and she was hot as lava. I didn't know what her problem with me was. I have only spoken with her at the dental office, and we were cool then, I think. "You have a good guy there."

"Oh, don't I know it." she said as she kissed him on the cheek. "So, are you two going on a long trip?" she asked as if she were happy to get me out of there.

"Well, I'm just leaving for the day. I'm taking, Little L up to Lamar's parents. He's going to stay with them for a month. I'm just spending the day with him. We're going to just drive up and, on the way, just stop off at some places on the way."

''Drive safely," Terrence said.

"Thank you."

Okay, little man, I guess I will see you in about a month." Terrence said.

Then Little L yelled back, "See you uncle T." as he waved his hand back and forth.

On our way up, we stopped at different places as if it were just a regular day home. We ate breakfast and went to the movies. I took him to the beach and after the beach. An hour's drive turned into a six-hour drive. Little L was out to the world. I stayed at Lamar's parent's house for a while to rest before I went home. Of course, Lamar's mother asked so many questions. She made us some food and showed me around their retirement palace. I rested in one of the spare bedrooms before returning to the road. On my way home, I called Anthony to let him know I was on my way back.