Chapter Nineteen

When Lamar dropped off Little L, he didn't get out of the car like he usually did. I was still mad as all hell but being with Anthony sort of made looking at him bearable. When I opened the door for Little L. I waved to Lamar, and he pulled off without even a wave. I didn't understand why he was so upset with me, it's not like I stuck my dick in every pussy that walked my way.

I kissed him on his forehead, then said, "Hey, son, how was it at your dad's?"

"I don't know. He dropped me off at, Grandma's house. He asked her to watch me last night while he went out. He didn't pick me up until this morning."

I can't believe him. He drove an hour to and from his parents' house twice to go out and get pussy on the one day that he is supposed to spend with his son. Then I said, "He must have had something important to do. Listen, go ahead upstairs pick out any movie for us to watch in your room. I'm going to go in the kitchen and pop some popcorn and get us some drinks and chocolate candy. We can have a movie-thon before ma-ma and pop-pop come to get you for their night."

"Yeah!" then he ran up the stairs.

After we watched Batman and Spider man for the hundredth time and both of our stomachs were aching from all the junk we ate, it was time for him to go with my parents.

After Little L left, I went upstairs and took a shower. I lay across the bed for a while to air dry. I fell asleep and was woken by the doorbell. I grabbed my robe from the door. When I opened the door, it was Anthony, standing there with a bouquet of pink, white, and yellow roses. "These are absolutely stunning," I said as I reached my hand out to grab them.

"You took the words right out of my mouth. You are absolutely stunning, and would you please do me the honor of accompanying me for a night out on the town?"

I was enjoying being pampered like this. "I would be delighted to accompany you anywhere." I smiled. "Where are we going?"

"You are always asking questions. All you need to know is that you can put on one of those lounges around suits that you love so much."

"Okay whatever you say. sir." I said as I ran up the stairs with the flowers in my hand. I placed the flowers on the bed so I could get ready.

When I came back down, Anthony was sitting in the living room. "I'm ready. Are you ready to go?"

He stood up and put his jacket on and we walked out of the door.

"So, this is the beginning of our date?" He said.

"What standing in front of my house?"

"No. This. Outside." he said as he threw his hands up.

I smiled. "Outside?"

"Yes, let's get started. I bet you never really paid any attention to the city and how beautiful it actually is, have you?"

"I have to say. I have not. Enlighten me." I put my arm under his arm, and we proceeded to walk down my street. About half a mile from my house was a body of water where people docked their boats and lived. So, we decided to walk in that direction. As soon as I walked to the end of my street, I saw Lamar parked in this black car. "You know I'm not feeling too well."

He stopped me from walking and lifted my face with his hand. "You look flushed. What's wrong?"

I looked over to look at Lamar, and he pulled off. "I don't know," I said as I placed my hand on my forehead. "It just came all of a sudden."

"Would you like to go back home?" he asked in a very concerned voice.

"Yeah, okay. That sounds good." we turned around and started walking back to the house."

I couldn't believe that Lamar was on my street. What was he doing there? How long has this been going on? I had so many questions and no answers. When we got to my door, I looked back up and saw Lamar riding past the door. I didn't want to put Anthony in the middle of my mess so I said, "I think that it would be best if we call it a night."

"I wonder what it could be. Would you like to go to the hospital?" he placed both of his hands on either one of my shoulders.

"No... no. I'm sure it's nothing that a little rest wouldn't cure."

"Okay." He said. "I should stay with you until you are better."

"No! It's okay. I'll call you when I feel better. "I gave him a kiss on his cheek and opened the door, and went into the house.

As soon as he pulled off my phone rang. I didn't want to answer it because I knew that it was Lamar. He was starting to creep me out. First, he called me about the carriage ride that Anthony and I had. Now he's parked down from my house, spying. I picked up the phone. "Hello!" I shouted into the phone.

"Hey, how are you?" he said in this calm voice.

"What is wrong with you, Lamar?"

"What do you mean?"

I looked out of the window, and he was parked in front of the house. "What do you mean? What do I mean? You are parked outside of my house, sitting in the car like a crazy person."

"I'm just worried about you, that's all. There is nothing crazy about worrying about the woman that you love."

"So, when did this concern start? You never cared before."

"Oh, during the Thanksgiving break, someone told me that they saw you out with a man. So, I thought that I would check it out for myself. I have to make sure that you are safe, and my son as well."

"You mean that you have been spying on me." I looked back out of the window to see if he was still there, and he was.

"I don't call it spying. I call it looking out for my family."

My heart was pounding fast. "I didn't ask you to do that, though."

"No, you didn't, but I felt that it was for the best."

"You know you are crazy? You can fuck every woman in Baltimore and probably the surrounding counties, and you want to worry about who I'm seeing."

"That's right, you are my wife and the mother of my child. You should not be seeing anyone. We are still married."

"You know, Lamar, you are really tripping. I think that it is time for me to hang up now. But before I do...I think you need to recap what you just said and think about it. I was the best wife that any wife could have been. I cooked for you, cleaned after you, took care of your child, did your laundry, picked up your dry cleaning, went to your boring events, gave you plenty of sex, and you still felt the need to cheat...with several different women. I am handling this break up the best way that I can. You have no say in what I do anymore. I am sick of this. I have lost my husband, a really good friend, and my sanity basically because of you. I will not let you ruin another thing in my life. I don't know what more to do. I want a divorce." Then I hung up the phone.

The phone rang for about two hours after I hung up. He banged on the door and yelled for me to open the fucking door. I had changed the locks without letting him know after I met the second fuck toy of his. Then he pulled off, and the phone did not ring anymore that night.