Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The morning after I awoke, I felt like a new person. I was happy to wake up next to my husband on our Anniversary. I hadn't done that in what felt like forever. I decided to go downstairs and make breakfast while he still slept. I hadn't done that in such a long time, either. As I started cooking breakfast, my doorbell rang. It was barely eight o'clock. I wasn't expecting anyone, and I was hoping that it wasn't my parent's with Little L. I looked out the window, and there was this female standing there. I had never seen her before so I was a little confused, she must have had the wrong house. At first, I thought oh shit, not a Jehovah's Witness. But something told me that I didn't have to worry about that.

I opened the door, and I said, "Yes. May I help you?"

"Hello," she said. "My name is Crystal. You know, like the Champagne!" as she smacked her lips.

I couldn't even believe she came out of her mouth with that one. "Okay?" I said as I stood there, still confused.

"And I thought that we should get to know each ova, being dat we share da same man and all."

I stood there perplexed for a while then I said, "I'm sorry. You must have the wrong house."

"No, I don't think so. Is ya man name, Lamar?" she asked as she put her hands on her hips.

"No. My husband's name is Lamar." I said, getting very aggravated.

"Okay, Husband, man, whateva." she said as she waved her hand around. "My man name is Lamar, too." moving her head around.

I couldn't believe this bitch had the nerve to come to my house and the audacity to push my motherfucking doorbell. I should have beaten her ass right there as she stood, but I took the adult route. Crystal was short with a small build. She had platinum blond tracks in her head that stopped at her ass. Her skirt was so tight and short if she turned the wrong way, you could see her ass for days. Her breasts were hanging out of this tight-ass shirt that looked like it was for a five-year-old child. Her earrings were so big they could have fit on her thighs. She had on so much makeup that if she were a clown, it still would have been too much makeup. Her fingernails were long enough to scratch her ass if she had her hands in front of her.

"Excuse me!" I said because I was so distracted by her clown outfit I didn't hear what she had said. "What did you say?"

"Lamar. He here, right?" she said as she admired her nails.

"Yes. But may I ask what that has to do with you?"

"Well, like I said, we share the same man. Me and Lamar have been tagetha for a year now."

"What?" I was in total shock. Lamar and I have only been separated for eight months. Now this hooker is telling me that she and my husband have been together four months before we even broke up. I was literally sick to my stomach. "I don't believe you." I know, I know. Don't hate me. Looking back, I can see how clueless I really was.

"Well, I just wanted to come here like a woman and let you know what was going on. Me and Lamar was supposeda met up last night afta he left here. I had been told him to stop seeing da bof of us at da same time. He told me he was goin end it wit you last night. Every Sataday afta he leaves here he comes and spends the night with me." she said as she pointed to herself. "Last night that didn't happen. So, I need ta know what is up wit that?" she said as she started twirling her hair with her finger.

I know I should have been mad enough to run upstairs and kick his ass out of the bed because he lied to me. It was never only me. He was messing around with that trash before he even asked for us to take a break. Oh, believe me I was angry. I was even more upset that he picked this woman who was the opposite of me. Not Mr. Perfect, this bitch could not speak for shit. Almost every other word that came out of her mouth was fucked up. Then I did the mature thing and stayed on track. I didn't want to. I wanted to spit in her face and pull her tracks and beat her in her face like she was a punching bag.

"Well, this whole thing sounds like something that you would have to take up with Lamar," I said in a calm voice.

"Obviously, it's something dat I need to take up with da two of you if he's here with you. I mean he is here in your bed, right? He is fucking you with the same dick that he fucks me wit, right? So as far as I am concerned, you are part of dis."

Inside I was boiling, but I did not want her even to know that she had gotten to me. That was exactly what she wanted. Do you think she would have gone through all this trouble not to get a reaction? Especially since she knew that I did not know about her. I had to literally bite my tongue not to break down in that doorway. I kindly opened my mouth and then said. "I really don't feel comfortable discussing this with you. So, I'll tell you what. When Lamar wakes up, I will be sure to tell him to give you a call. It's Crystal like the Champagne, right? But for right now, Crystal, like the Champagne, you'll have to wait until then. I'm so sorry that you wasted your time and mine by coming here, but I would like to thank you for the information. Oh, and if you are not off my doorstep in the next ten seconds, I will call the police. Have a good day." then I shut the door in her face.

I didn't know what to do after I shut the door. I wanted to go upstairs and kick his ass all through the house. I decided not to do that. I couldn't call my sister because she didn't know about Lamar and me. So, I sat in the kitchen thinking about how I was hurting all over again. This time hurt worse than the first. I just opened my heart back up to him, to have him stomp all over it again. I was angrier with myself than I was with him. I should have known the type of person he was when he called her with that fucked up punk ass "I need to find myself" shit. I should have known when I couldn't get him at home or on his cell whenever he left here. I should have known when he always turned his cell phone off, telling me that he wanted no interruptions or distractions. He just wanted it to be us. I should have known when...I just should have known. I saw all the signs I just chose to overlook them. I would have continued to overlook the signs if Ms. Crystal didn't appear on my doorstep. I think maybe because he was my first love, my first boyfriend, my first everything. Whatever it was, I knew that it wasn't healthy.

                                                    How would you have handled this situation?