Chapter 26

What is wrong with me? I had another dream about Terrence. I thought that I was having the dreams because of the lack of sex that I had been getting. Clearly, it wasn't because my sex life is very much alive. My date with Anthony was as good as it could have been. He seemed like he was a little disturbed by what happened. He didn't ask to come up, and I didn't ask him to. He dropped me off and said that he was just going to head home. I think we both knew that it was for the best. I was preoccupied with Terrence, Ms. Almond, Lamar, and his floozy Crystal. I picked up my phone and text Anthony, good morning. He didn't respond back. I hoped that he wasn't too upset. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before I made a pot of coffee. While in the kitchen, there was a knock at my door.

I walked over to the door and asked, "Who is it?"

"Hey, Adriana, it's me, Terrence." then he cleared his throat. "Is it okay if I come in and speak with you for a minute?"

Oh, my goodness. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there for a minute and didn't say anything.

"Adriana is this a bad time?" he yelled through the door. "I can come back another time if you would like?"

When he said that, I was instantly out of my trance. "No, don't go anywhere. Just let me put something on." I said as I grabbed my robe shut. We all know what happened the last time I had on a robe and nothing underneath. I ran into my room, combed down my hair, and put on a T-shirt and a pair of jeans. I walked slowly toward the door. I opened the door and he stood there looking like a puppy dog. A very cute puppy dog.

I leaned my head against the door and said, "Uh, hey."

"Do you mind if I come in, please?"

My heart was pounding so fast. It had been so long since I last saw him. "No, come on in," I said as I gestured for him to come in.

"I wanted to come by and apologize to you for not speaking to you in the elevator yesterday and for everything else."

"Well, I should be saying the same thing to you. I didn't speak either." I said to him as we headed toward the couch to sit."

"I'm sorry about what happened. I didn't know that you lived in this building until yesterday. "

"What were you all doing here anyway?"

"Remember the last time that I saw you."

How could I forget? "Yes," I said as I pouted my lips.

"You had asked me how I got to your house so fast, and I said I had moved."

"Um, hmmm. Yes." I said as I squinted my right eye and moved my head to the side.

"Well, this is where I moved."

"Wow, I didn't know that. Why wouldn't Lamar tell me?"

"You know, I guess that I will have to apologize for my friend once more. I asked him the same question. Then I asked why he didn't let me know. He said that he was going to let me know last night at dinner. I just wanted you to know that he wants me to keep an eye on you and your new friend."

"What, what the fuck is wrong with him? He gets me so angry, and he knows it."

He raised his eyebrows and said, "Yeah, he knows. He thinks that keeps the tie between you two stronger."

"Can you please let me know what is wrong with me and why I can't just throw him out of my life and leave him there."

"Well, for one, you two have a son together, and two, you love him. You did share a lot of years with him. That feeling just doesn't go away overnight."