Chapter Forty-Four

When we finally returned home and walked through the doors of the building. "You know this is the first time that we walked through these doors together." I said as I grabbed him around his arm.

"Yes."

"I was thinking in the car ride home that. I guess when I pick up Little L you can come with me and we can tell him together."

"Do you think that is a good idea?" he asked as we walked onto the elevator. He pushed the button to my floor.

"I don't know, but I really don't think anytime will be a good time. So, I was thinking the sooner, maybe the better."

"You don't want to think about this some?"

"You don't want to be with me?" I asked him.

"Yes, you know I do."

We stepped off the elevator and walked toward my apartment. There in the hallway, was a sight that we didn't want to see. Lamar and Teresa were kissing. She was up against the wall, and his hand was up her shirt.

"What and the fuck! Why are you two here?" I asked with an angry tone to my voice. The nerve of them.

They hopped back like they were two teenagers who had just been caught by their mother in the basement.

"What is this?" Lamar asked in a jealous rage. As he pointed at me, then Terrence. As if he were my father.
"What is what?" I asked in a disgusting tone.

"Are you two together now? Is this who you have been with? When we have been here every day for the last four days. We were worried sick."

"I doubt that you were all that worried with your tongue down her throat. Sick, now that I can believe." I said to Lamar.

"You are my wife, and I was worried."

"Yes, and we are barely broken up!" Teresa screamed out.

"This is unbelievable. Why are the two of you here?" Terrence asked.

"So, what you're now her bodyguard all of a sudden?" Lamar asked as he hopped into Terrence's face.

Terrence stepped back and said, "Listen man. You need to leave. She doesn't need all of this. So why don't you act like the man that I know you can be and leave."

"Oh, I guess you two are in love now. I guess she gave you some of the sweet loving that you have been longing for all these years. She is a sweet...sweet piece of ass. "He said as he shook his head, reminiscing." Did you give him some of that mind numbing head?" he looked at me and asked, "Damn girl you are giving it up like free food in the chowder line."

"Okay, it is time for you two leave." Terrence said.

I stuck out my finger and said, "Fuck you, Lamar." How dare he act as if I were cheap and a tramp.

"Why, so that you can be with the love of your life and not care about the people who you two stepped over to get there." Teresa yelled out. "It didn't take you that long to get over my heart broken brother you whore."

"Whore...?" I said with anger as I started to walk over and whup her ass. Terrence held me back. "Didn't you just have your tongue down his throat?" I said as I pointed at Lamar.

Why are you even here?" Terrence asked as he looked at Teresa with disgust. "You have no right to pass judgment on anyone."

"I am here for you! I am here for us!" she said as tears started rolling down her face. "She has ruined my life. You're gone and my brother has stopped speaking to me and it's all because of her and now she has taken you."