Chapter-Twenty Eight

Little L and I finally got started around five-thirty.

"I ordered the pizza, and we have the chips and the candy. Now, are you ready to watch a movie?"

"Yeah, let's watch Batman."

"Yeah, Batman," I said in a not-so-joyful way. As often as I watched that movie, I knew it backward and forward. Plus, I had rented movies I knew we wouldn't watch.

My phone rang, and it was the pizza guy. I buzzed him up. "Pizza's here," I said as I started toward the door.

"Pizza!" Little L screamed.

I grabbed my bag from the chair. I opened the door while looking through my bag for the money I had put in there the night before.

I heard someone say. "Am I too late."

I looked up and saw Terrence standing there with ice cream and a pizza.

"No, you're right on time." I smiled like a high school girl.

"I ran into the delivery man on the elevator," he said as he held up the pizza.

"You have to know that anyone that brings the food is always right on time. Come on in."

"Uncle T." Little L said as he walked over to Terrence and hugged him."

"Whoa," Terrence said as he almost dropped the pizza. "Hey."

"Are you going to look at Batman with us, Uncle T?" Little L asked.

"Ha, he's still watching that?" Terrence whispered to me.

I put my hand up to my mouth and said, "Yes, I blame it on you for getting it for him.

"Sure," he said as he swiped his hand back and forth over Little L's head.

"Yeah!" he shouted as he ran over to the DVD player to put in the Batman DVD.

"So, I'm surprised you came. I thought you had something to do?" I walked over to the dining room table to open the pizza box.

Terrence followed and then said, "I did, but canceled it until another day."

I put my hand to my chest and said, "Oh, I hope that you didn't cancel something important on our behalf."

"No, no, it's nothing like that. I can always do what I had planned anytime. It wasn't anything special," he said as he grabbed a plate off the table and held it so I could put a slice of pizza on it.

"Hey man, how many slices do you want?"

"Ummmm. Five." Little L said.

Terrence laughed, saying, " Let's say you start with one, and we will see where it goes. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Oh, I have to put the ice cream in the freezer before it melts," he said as he grabbed it off the table.

"You didn't have to bring ice cream."

"Yeah, I did. I know how much you love brownies and ice cream."

"I don't see any brownies."

"Yeah, I have a friend who lives in the building. He is a pastry chef, and he makes the best brownies I have ever tasted. I called him a few hours ago and asked if he could bring some of his famous brownies home for my special friend," he said as he closed the freezer door.