Chapter Thirty-Eight

When Terrence and I finally started walking around downtown, it was like everything had faded.

"So, since you said that you didn't want to talk about your ex and my ex."

"What? Your ex? I thought you were just taking a breather?" I said in a surprised voice, "When did you decide to make it official?"

"I wish that I could say, but I made a promise that I wouldn't speak about her." Terrence said with a smile on his face. "And I always keep my promises."

"Okay, you got me." I said as I smiled back at him. "It's kind of hard not to talk about them." I said as I looked down at my feet as I walked.

"Yeah, true."

"I'm just so angry and tired, and..." I took in a deep breath and let it out. "hurt."

"I know." he said as he wrapped his arm around me to comfort me.

"You want to know what upset me the most?"

"Sure." he said as he rubbed my arm.

"Other people feelings are involved other than Lamar and myself, and now the man that I thought I may have been falling in love with is gone. He's not answering my phone calls or anything and it's hurting me."

"You love him?" he asked in a startled and upset way. He pulled away from me and said, "When did this happen?"

"Well, I don't know. I just know when he walked out of my place my stomach sank."

"Adriana." then this loud screech from a car turning the corner sang out. It was Teresa.

"What and the hell is wrong with her? Is she crazy?" I asked in a panicked voice.

Teresa stepped out of the car with fury, "I knew that you were with her. I knew you two were fucking around. That didn't take long. I have been gone all of two seconds and you two are snuggling up with each other."

I looked at her and said. "Listen you crazy, psychopathic bitch. I have had about enough with your craziness for a lifetime."

Before I could say anything, else Terrence cut me off. "Hold up Adriana." he said as he pulled me behind him.

"That's right you better pull her back before she gets her ass kicked." she shouted out as she waved her hand around like a crazy woman.

"Before what?" I asked as I tried to get around Terrence.

He pulled me back and said, "Adriana, wait a minute. Let me deal with this."

"You can try." I said as I stood there, ready to go off on her like she was a punching bag at the gym.

"I have told you there is nothing going on with Adriana and me. I don't know what has triggered this insane conduct, but it has to stop."

"You. You have triggered this. You sneak to her apartment and spend time with her. You haven't stop talking about her ever since you told me she was coming into the dental office to be your first patient. Do you know how irritating it is to hear you talk non-stop about her? When you were sad about breaking off your friendship with her, I was there to help you through that. I gave you everything that I had to offer, and all you did was step on it. You threw it all away for her." She said as she stood there crying.

"Okay, I may have been wrong about a lot of things that I did. I didn't handle the situation the right way. Was I wrong by breaking dates with you? Yes, I was. I didn't mean to hurt you. I do apologize for that. Now that being said, you still were wrong by jumping to conclusions, there is nothing going on with us, and telling her things that you knew was going to hurt her wasn't right either."