Chapter Thirty-One

After lunch, I called Anthony to see how he was and to apologize. I dismissed him in the worse way. He didn't answer, so I left a message for him to give me a call. I went to pick up Little L from school. I decided to take him and his friend, Jermaine to the arcade and the batting cages just to have a little fun. When we finally arrived home, it was almost five thirty. We stepped off the elevator. I opened my bag to get my keys out. Lamar started walking down the hall. When I looked up, I saw Terrence standing there with his finger to his mouth so Little L wouldn't scream his name.

"Uncle T." he yelled as he walked down the hall.

"Hey man." he said as he rubbed the top of Little L's head. "Hello Adriana."

"Hello, Mr. Johnson. To what do we owe this honor?" I asked with a wide ass smile on my face.

"I told my godson that I was coming back to beat him in video games today and I keep my promises."

"Well, that's nice to know. Whenever I need you for something, I will make you promise." I said as I put the key in the door to open it.

"I have to know what I'm promising before I say yes."

"Oh, I have my ways of making people say yes, Mr. Johnson." I said, putting my hand around Little L's neck as we walked through the door.

"I bet you do." he said as he licked his lips and walked behind me.

Little L ran over to the television and pulled out his XBOX. "Uncle T come on let's play."

"Since you two are into the video games I guess I can take a long bath. After I am finished, I will come out and cook dinner."

I went into my room and took off my clothes. I grabbed my robe off my bed and put it on. I went into the bathroom to run some water. When it was done, I started taking off my robe and heard a knock at the door. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey." Terrence said as he leaned up against the frame of the door.

"Hey. What's up?" I said as the scent of his cologne made its way through my body.

"Well Little L is hungry and I'm hungry, do you mind if I make something?"

"Can you cook?" I asked, with a smile and a little doubt in my voice.

"Can I cook? I can cook anything you put in front of me. I bring perfection to everything that I do."

"Okay, Mr. Johnson let's see about that. I took some chicken breast out this morning let's see the perfection you bring to that?"

He grabbed the door handle and said. "You go and relax in your bath and I will show you perfection." he said as he winked his eye and pulled the door shut.

I shook my head and smiled. He was clouding my mind in a good way. That was not a good thing. Before I made it into the tub, my phone rang. It was Anthony.

"Hello."

"Hey Adriana, I'm sorry that I haven't called you all day. I got your message. When I left this morning, my mother called and told me that my grandmother was really sick, and she probably wasn't going to make it through the night. I drove right to Philadelphia. I'm sorry that I didn't call you sooner."

"Please no apologies. You did the right thing. I should not have been on your mind at that point and time. So how is you grandmother?" I asked as I grabbed my back scrubber off the ledge of the tub.

"Well, she's doing better than the doctors thought she would be doing. She is actually sitting up talking."

"Well, that's wonderful. I am happy to hear that. How are you doing?

"I'm doing much better now that she is doing better. I was just calling to let you know that I should be back in town tomorrow. "

"Okay, call me when you get back in town."

"I will."

When I finally made it into the tub, I fell asleep. When I woke, I was freezing. The actual smell of good smelling food woke me. After I got myself together, I went out so I could taste the perfection of Terrence's cooking. "Now I am ready to be blown away." I said as I stepped into the living room.

"Those are your words not mine." he said as he walked into the kitchen. "You must have had a lot on your mind you were in there for about an hour. Lil man fell asleep after he ate. I put him in bed."

"Was I really in there for that long? I hadn't even noticed." I yawned. "I'm sorry did you eat?"

"No, I didn't. I thought that I would wait for you." he said as he came out of the kitchen with two wine glasses and placed them on the dining table.

"Wow it smells great. What did you cook?"

"How about you have a seat and sip some wine until I bring our food over."

"I looked over and saw that he had some wine chilling in a bucket."

"Okay, Mr. Chef. Will do." I pulled the wine out of the bucket and poured myself a glass.

When he came back in, he had two salads and placed them on the table. Then he went back to the kitchen. He came back out with a plate of garlic bread and placed it on the table. Then he came out with two plates and put them on the table. I looked down, and it was my favorite food, pasta. He had fixed me, Alfredo, with linguine noodles and blacked chicken. It was better than good it was perfect.

"So, what do you think?" he asked me with a grin on his face.

"Ms. Almond is a very lucky woman." I said to remind myself that he was taken, and so was I.

"Okay, so how is the food?" he asked, ignoring my question.

"I do have to admit you did your thing. I didn't have any Alfredo how did you make this? You had all the ingredients. The main ingredients cream and cheese and you had heavy cream in the refrigerator, cheese, and garlic. "

"That's right I picked up the wrong thing I thought I was getting half and half."

"Well, good for us that you did that."

"It's funny that I have known you forever and I never knew you cooked. You always came and ate with us."

"That's because you always extended an invite. Besides, I love your cooking."

"Well, it's nice to not have to cook for once. This is delicious by the way."

After dinner, Terrence and I started cleaning off the table. We cleaned the dishes together and laughed and talked the whole time.

"Look at the time. It is eleven thirty already." I said with a wow. I'm really having a nice time with you.

"Is it that time already. I have an early morning tomorrow."

"Okay," I said as I dried my hands off. "here hold your hands out so I can dry them." then I started drying his hands off. "Thank you for dinner." I said as I looked up at him.

"No problem. Maybe I can do it for you another day."

"Sure anytime." I put the towel on the sink, and we started toward the front door.

"See, now you are hooked."

"We'll, see. You could have just gotten lucky."

"Nooo, I didn't, but I wish I had." he said as he winked his eye at me.

I smiled and opened the door to let him out. "Not going to respond to that. Thank you again for dinner and helping me clean up."

"No problem, anytime." then he walked away.