Chapter Ten

As I walked into the dental office, I was impressed. It was very nice and upscale. I have to say. Terrence outdid himself. As soon as I walked through the

door, it was this very nice waiting area. The carpet was beige with white squares trimmed in brown. The chairs were very sleek, honey blonde with dark brown leather seat cushions. The table was glass with honey-blonde legs. The paintings on the walls really set off the room. The bold color choices pulled the room together. I walked to the receptionist's desk.

"Good Morning. How may I help you?" the lady behind the desk asked. I assumed she was the receptionist. She was very pretty. I was also somewhat jealous due to the fact that she worked for Terrence. She looked to be about 20 and very well built. Could she have been one of the friends that Terrence said he was dating.

"Yes, I have an eight o'clock appointment with Dr. Johnson."

"May I have your name please?"

"Mrs. Stokes."

"Thank you." she pulled out a clipboard with some papers, and said," Mrs. Stokes, the Doctor will be with you in a minute. While you are waiting for the Doctor can you please fill out this paperwork?"

I grabbed the clipboard from her and said, "Thank you." Then I turned around and walked to one of the chairs in the waiting area.

About fifteen minutes later, "Mrs. Stokes." I heard a voice say from behind the door entered the office. "Dr. Johnson will see you now."

As I stood up to walk toward the door, I saw another woman. Not as young but just as pretty the receptionist. What the hell! Everyone that worked in this office was beautiful. I mean he was a good looking man it was not like they did not have eyes. A woman would be crazy not to jump at the chance of being with a single, good looking professional man with a great body and a personality to match. She took the information from me and walked me into this room and said, "Please have a seat." She put something around my neck like a baby's bib. Then she asked, "When was your last checkup, Mrs. Stokes?"

"Um, I think it's been about eight months now."

"Really, do you know that you are supposed to get a checkup and cleaning every six months?" she asked to me as if I had just committed a crime.

"Yes, I do. That is why I am here today."

Then I heard her whisper "Two months too late." She then pulled this machine in front of me and said, "So I am going to take a couple of x-rays of your teeth, and then the Doctor will be in to see you."

"Okay. Thank you."

She took a couple of X-rays and then left out of the room. Then she came back into the room and placed something on the small table in front of me. She stood over in the corner.

"Hello, Mrs. Stokes. My name is Dr. Johnson. What brings you in today?" Terrence said with that sexy ass grin on his face.

With a big ass little girl grin on my face, I said, "Well, you're the mouth specialist,  you tell me."

"Well, let me start by just looking at your teeth." He picked up a silver object and started poking around my teeth. "You have a great set of teeth. With a mouth as filthy as yours, I would have thought you would at least have one cavity, but you have none. I guess that is why you have such a beautiful smile."

Even though Terrence was a Dentist, I have never been to him before. I have known my dentist since childhood, and I didn't feel right leaving him. He was Lamar's and Little Lamar's dentist, though. "Well, you keep saying sweet things like that, I may have a few before I leave here." I know, what not to say to your husband's best friend. I just couldn't help it. It was like he was a magnet, and I was attracted to him.