36

04

04

YOU LEANED out of the airship, your left hand holding tightly onto a pole inside. you could feel the fresh breeze slide across your skin and rake through your hair.

it was almost as if you're breathing something that you had never been near before.

"hey, brat." your captain grumbled, grabbing the back of your green cloak. "you're going to fall out if you keep doing that."

he pulled you back inside, sliding the door closed.

you frowned, "i was just getting some fresh air." he glanced over his shoulder at you.

"is the air in here not as fresh for your liking?" he smirked.

you rolled your eyes and slapped your hand against his shoulder playfully. "that's not what i meant, cap." you replied with a laugh.

hange entered the room as if on cue.

"we're nearly there. everyone start suiting up." they ordered, grabbing the pile of thunder spears and handing them to you.

you took them in your arms, turning around and walking towards your friends. they were all dressed in their new gear – an all black suit from toe to their neck, black boots, gear strapped all the way up from their thighs to their shoulders.

you turned your nose up in disgust, "i still don't know how you're using that gear." you mumbled, setting down the spears in front of them.

"you say that because you never wanted to try them." jean rolled his eyes.

he smacked the back of your head, "it would have been cool if we were all dressed the same. you and captain levi had go on and ruin it." he complained.

"he's right, you know! now we look uncoordinated! they're going to think we're goofy or something." connie nodded along, as he bit down on his bottom lip. "we can't let them think that."

you laughed slightly, wrapping your arm around the boy's neck and ruffling the short hair on top of his head. "with these new thunder spears, i highly doubt that we'll be in any trouble," you smiled. "plus, they're a lot cooler than their guns, right?"

"right! their guns don't go kaboom and –" connie's eyes lit up excitedly.

sasha jumped onto his back, "and wha pow!" she exclaimed, throwing her arm in the air.

you laughed to yourself, shaking your head and turning on your heel.

your captain leaned his back against the door, "how's it looking, cap?" you asked, leaning your elbow against his shoulder.