25

03

03

YOU STOOD motionless behind a single tree, your blade tucked beneath your green cloak.

two military police recruits walked slowly through the forest that surrounded you, unknowingly about to stumble across armin.

they spoke quietly to one another, "haven't we gone a little too far?" the boy questioned, looking around.

you tucked your chin down, staring at the branch beneath your feet.

your captain was behind the tree next to you, holding up his hand for everyone to stay put.

"well, we're not going to find them in the middle of town—" the girl replied annoyingly. "sheesh, why did i get stuck with you?"

you recognized her voice, she was in the 104th cadet corps as well.

hitch.

she turned to eye the boy, "i know, you just wanted some time alone with me, right?" she smirked slyly.

"hitch, sorry but i didn't want to partner with you, either." he mumbled in a snarky tone.

she shrugged and looked away, "is that so? well, that's fine, then."

you held back your laugher.

the two of you had never spoken before, especially not during training lessons.

she wasn't someone who mingled with anyone she deemed below her crowd, or whatever.

"doesn't it strike you as strange, though?" he questioned, holding his gun tightly.

she looked around, "what?"

"why would the survey corps run around killing civilians? they risk their lives for humanity's sake every day, right?" he questioned.

you inhaled sharply but quietly, letting your head fall. he was right, why would people even believe the awful rumors?

after all, the survey corps was the only branch of the military who risked their lives and devoted their hearts to finding out the truth of the titans.

hitch swallowed the lump in her throat, "um, have you forgotten? remember what they did in stohess? —"

you knew what she was going on about. the plan to take down the female titan, or annie, in stohess district.