10

01

01

JUST like that, the three years of your training with your best friends flew by like the snap of a finger. you couldn't even begin to fathom the fact that you would be graduating in less than a few months — let alone be within the top ten.

"can you believe it?" sasha shouted, jumping onto her bed with a bag full of chips in her hand. her brown hair was thrown into her usual ponytail and her auburn hues were shinning with delight.

mikasa sat beside her, snagging a few chips from the bag and holding them in her hand. "believe what?" she asked.

you threw your arms behind your head, staring up at the top of your bunk bed as you listened to your friends rave over how the 104th would be graduating soon.

"i mean, aren't you excited? we'll get to choose our regiments as soon as we graduate too!" she shouted in joy, throwing her hands up and spilling the chips from her bag all over her bed.

mikasa's eyes widened as he lifted her hand up to brush spare crumbs from sasha's hair. you watched the two intently, admiring how mikasa had become so gentle around sasha.

well, you always knew that she had a soft side to her — however, this one just seemed a little different. definitely a side of herself that she hadn't even shown you, armin, or eren.

"have you guys decided what regiment you're going into?" you asked, sitting up.

annie didn't respond, only laying back against her mattress with her arms crossed. "annie?" you prompted for her to answer.

she sighed, "military police." l

you pinched your lips into a thin line, not wanting to argue about the stupidity of any of the cadets within the top ten joining the mp's.

"just like jean, marco, and connie, then." you whispered, tapping your fingers against your lips.

"what about you, y/n?" sasha questioned.

she looked at you, her auburn hues filled with curiosity. you smiled, "the survey corps," you replied, "both me and eren are going to join —"

before you could finish, mikasa interrupted you. "all four of us, are going to join." she said, shooting daggers at you.

you gulped, tempted to fight back and convince her that she didn't need to follow the two of you into danger anymore, though you knew she wouldn't listen.

she was just that type of person — someone who would give up her life for you, or for anyone she cared about. hell, she certainly did that when she decided to follow you both into the cadet corps.