22

03

03

UPON entering the walls again, everything went into utter chaos.

commander erwin was taken into the inner walls to tend to his injuries while all of the recruits that were chosen for captain levi's squad were sent into hiding.

you could be certain that you knew exactly why this was happening. historia and eren were now the scout's number one priority.

losing them meant losing hope in ever regaining the walls again.

for whatever reason you didn't know of, historia held a dark past unlike any other. her entire life before entering the cadet corps was a lie, including the one she led into the scouts.

you knew how she felt to an extent. after all, she had just lost ymir.

you wanted to feel an ounce of sympathy for her, but ymir was someone who had turned against you. who had taken eren from your grasp, and the same person who you used to fight side by side with.

given the fact the two of you were never close, you still trusted her — with your life, have it ever came down to it.

however, now, you didn't know what to think of her. she had left christa — historia, and rode off to defend the armored titan.

you couldn't wrap your head around why she would ever do such a thing since how close both her and historia were.

maybe for protection? you could never know.

"y/n," eren whispered, looking down at you.

the recruits who were now on captain levi's squad were being transferred to a hidden cabin in the mountains.

just until the chaos within the capitol and settled down — well, at least that's what you all had been told.

"why aren't you sleeping? we won't get there till tomorrow morning. you should try and rest."

you blinked slowly, adjusting your gaze to the moonlight above you.

it wasn't that you didn't want to sleep, but more so that you were afraid to sleep.

"i can't," you responded, shifting your body so that you were no longer leaning on his shoulder.

he frowned, furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.