31

03

03

YOUR head pressed against the cold bars as your eyes wandered around the stone wall in front of you. no thoughts entered your mind even when your messy hair blew softly against the cold draft, causing you to shiver.

you wrapped your arms around yourself and shuffled to lean against the cool stone wall. wrapping your blanket around your shoulders, you leaned your cheek against the steel bar.

"y/n —" armin mumbled, kneeling down beside you. his eyes were tired, baggy, and dark.

it seemed like he hadn't gotten any sleep, just like the three of you.

this was your punishment from the captain and commander hange. armin lifted his finger and pressed it against your cheek, gently tracing the bandage where your scar hid behind.

you hesitated to look at it still, as you knew it had grown bigger and uglier since it reopened.

this was 2nd time it had, and ever since then, you were worried that the others would begin to notice it overtaking half of your face.

"it seems like it's healing up quite nicely," he whispered, removing his hand and sitting down on the opposite side of the bars.

he leaned his head towards you, pressing the top of his hair to your own hair. "i heard you, you know. when everyone was causing a scene about saving me. i don't know why i could hear your voice, but i could. i just remembered it last night."

his eyes flickered to you, opening and shutting slowly.

"you finally know what moje more means now?" you questioned with a small smile.

armin nodded, reaching over and grabbing your hand. he pulled it between the bars and into his lap, rubbing soft circles against the back of your palm.

you smiled sadly, remembering the day that you had begun to call him that nickname. it used to piss him off that you would never tell him what it meant, but you would laugh it off and pull him into a warm embrace.

you wish that you could now, but the damn bars were still in the way. "my sea, is what it means. because, my eyes remind you of the drawings in the book." he replied through pursed lips.

"you've always been my sea, the calm current in the blistering waters," you turned to him this time.

reaching your free hand up, you brushed a strand of hair from his face. "i wanted so desperately to take the box from the captain's hand and give it to you, but i couldn't find the words to ask him for it. from what i could tell, they needed the commander. for their own selfish desires, like we need you, armin,"