Chapter Sixteen

Anyway the reason that so many chapters came out in such a short period of time was because I'm on holiday rn so there probably won't be any for a little while

Enjoyyyy

------

December, 2021

Taylor sipped her coffee as she sat across the table from August. August had her own coffee and they were looking at each other, gazes unwavering.

"Okay," Taylor caved. "Cowboy like me, Ivy, Happiness... I actually have another song that might work well."

August rose an eyebrow.

"It was a Speak Now track that I never put on the album."

"Is Speak Now coming next?" August asked excitedly.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "I haven't actually sung it since 2010, but I can play you the demo and you can decide if you want it in your film."

"What's it called?"

"Foolish O-"

Taylor was cut off when Betty and Inez walked into the house. She stood up to greet them with a hug. August quickly excused herself to go and play with Taylor and Laila.

"So, Taylor, how's Mallory doing?" Betty asked, her eyes curious as she sat down between her sisters.

Taylor's face lit up as she spoke about her wife. "Mallory's doing well. She's been experiencing some ups and downs, as you'd expect during pregnancy, but overall, she's managing."

Betty nodded, a knowing smile tugging at her lips. "Pregnancy's a wanker. Is she excited?"

"Oh, definitely," Taylor replied, a warm affection in her voice. "We've been looking forward to this for a long time. Mallory can't wait to become a mom."

Inez leaned back in her chair, her eyes brightening. "You sure the two of you can handle all the shit, bile, piss, and spit produced by babies?"

"Yeah. And if not, you're always one call away," She chuckled before her smile faded slightly as she recalled the recent changes in Mallory's behaviour. "Although, I've noticed that she's been a bit more distant lately."

Betty raised an eyebrow, curiosity etching her features. "In what way?"

Taylor hesitated, wondering if she should share Mallory's recent insecurities. But her relationship with Betty and Inez was built on trust, and she knew she could confide in them. "Well, she's been feeling a bit insecure about her changing body. I think the stretch marks have been bothering her."

Betty nodded in understanding. "It's completely normal for women to feel that way during pregnancy. It's a big adjustment."

"Yeah. One day you stop dieting properly and eating for two. It's scary and feels weird. And it's that the whole nine months," Inez added.

Taylor sighed, her brows furrowing. "I know. I just wish she'd open up to me about it. She used to be so comfortable changing in front of me, but lately, she's been avoiding it."

Betty reached across the table, placing a comforting hand on Taylor's. "Maybe she just needs a little reassurance from you. You could remind her of how beautiful and amazing she is, no matter what her body looks like."

Taylor looked at her other sister-in-law, who shrugged. "Don't look at me, I made Nate wear earplugs because I was scared the bed creaking when I got on it would scare him away."

Before Taylor could respond, the sound of footsteps descending the stairs caught their attention. Mallory appeared in the doorway, her expression a mix of surprise and mild annoyance at the conversation she had walked in on.