Chapitre Nuef

Remember, guys, if you want a pet, adopt, don't buy 🫡

TW: mention of animal abuse.

----

January, 2018

"Can I ask you a personal question?" August asked as she and Taylor walked down the side of the road.

The blonde looked at the teen, who seemed extremely engrossed in her iced coffee. She wouldn't have guessed that she had spoken, "I've got a feeling that you would ask it anyway."

August laughed softly as Taylor cocked her head to the side. A silence overtook them until August finally started, "When you are nineteen and you dated John," Taylor didn't like where this was going, "Did you think it was meant to be? With the thirteen year age gap..."

The blonde sucked in a harsh breath as she thought back to nearly ten years ago. Did she? Probably. She nodded and August looked down in acknowledgment. Taylor continued to think. When she was nineteen, she thought this hatred for him would diminish over time, but it only got stronger and angrier, like a fire with an unlimited power source.

Upon arrival at their desired location, the pet shop went silent for a second. The customers seemed to need some time to process just who had walked in before the began chattering loudly, each trying to get their attention. Taylor grasped August's hand, to calm down both herself and the girl. It was extremely overwhelming and August had never experienced this before.

The teenager smiled at her thankfully, heart fluttering. The crush was definitely still there. Unfortunately.

It didn't take long for them to find the cat section, Taylor had been here with Mallory previously and remembered where it was, with the help of their bodyguards gently, but authoritatively, asking people to make some space. The blonde immediately began looking for the expensive cat food and treats.

August, however, got distracted by a beat-up looking kitten and melted. It was so small and it looked so scared, she felt bad. Reaching carefully into the now open kennel, August held out her pointer finger. The kitten retracted softly as the teenager cooed quietly.

Eventually, the kitten sensed that she was not a threat and softly hit her finger with its palm. August grinned, "Hi," She said softly as the kitten began rubbing its head against her palm, "What's your name?" She leaned back slightly and read the name on the cage, "Lilo?" Her heart broke all over again as she teared up, "You're just a baby."

"She was brought in around November," A worker said softly as to not startle August nor the kitten, "She's about five months old. They found her on the streets with a fractured leg and a collar that was too tight." She didn't have to say why. August knew how cruel people got towards black cats around Halloween.

August wanted to fight whoever had parented this cat and whoever had attacked it. Lilo let August take her out of the depths of the kennel and cuddle her softly.

"She's available for adoption if you'd like to consider it."

The seventeen year old looked down in thought. If she were to adopt this cat, she'd probably have stay in New York a while whilst it was healing from the trauma and surgery and then she'd have to take it to Atlanta to film for Stranger Things because she probably wouldn't be comfortable enough with other people.

"August, are you ready to go- Oh," Taylor cut herself off quietly, "She's adorable."

"She is," The teen agreed, "Can I adopt her?"

"Of course," The employee said with a nod, "I'll go get the paperwork."

Once the paperwork was signed, August and Taylor left. August hid the cat from the brightly flashing lights with her coat, meaning her arms were cold, but she didn't mind. Once in Taylor's car, Mallory removed the jacket and looked at the shaking cat.

Match Maker | T. Swift x OCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें