Capítulo Once

What if Taylor just rejects Mallory's proposal because she knows it's not actually what Mallory wants

Also, like my mind is absolutely scrambled right now and I cannot string together coherent sentences

Enjoy

------

April, 2019

"You sure this is a good idea?"

"Yep."

"And we're not telling our girlfriends because?"

"Okay. First of all, Soraya is your wife, put some respect on her name. And second, all I said was not to tell Taylor or anyone that would tell Taylor."

They were greeted accordingly as they went through a conversation with the sound guy and CEO of Republic Records before sitting in the live room behind the drums. Joe picked up a guitar and tuned it accordingly. Mallory grinned up at him as they played the song they had written together.

After the vocals and instruments had been recorded, Joe went into the vocal room to do the lead vocals. Mallory stayed behind, letting him do his stuff, as she spoke to Monte Lipman about the song. Joe came back a half hour later with a pleased smile on his face as he ruffled Mallory's hair.

"Good?"

"Great," Joe corrected with a smile.

They were pulled aside to listen to the edited track and Mallory smiled proudly, looking at her friend. "We did that, William."

"Hell yeah we did, Miss Bowery," Joe smirked as their hands connected in a high-five.

They left the studio with wide smiles, rushing back to their hotel. Once opening Joe's room they found Taylor doing Soraya's nails as they gossiped.

Soraya waved with her free hand when she saw her husband and best friend, blowing them a kiss.

"Your lover's here," Soraya said in a teasing tone.

"Shut up," Taylor rolled her eyes as she turned and stood up and greeted them.

Mallory furrowed her eyebrows at Soraya's teasing, "What was that about?"

Taylor bit her lip, "She guessed the album title."

"First try!" Soraya added.

The ex-runner's face dropped as she looked between her best friend and girlfriend in betrayal. Taylor grinned and kissed Mallory's cheek as she walked past to greet Joe. Soraya laughed at her friend, pointing at her mockingly.

"You're just really dumb, Mallory."

"Gee. Thanks."

"You guys ready?" Joe asked.

They had planned a memorable day out with their friends, Joe and Soraya, and were eagerly looking forward to exploring the vibrant city together.

The sunlit streets of LA greeted them as they stepped out, their laughter and excitement echoing through the air. Mallory, with her contagious energy, suggested they start the day with a visit to a local café that was known for its delicious breakfast fare. As they settled down at a cosy corner table, the friends indulged in hearty conversations and shared stories, savouring every moment.

Fuelled by their quote 'scrummy' unquote breakfast, the group decided to make their way to Griffith Observatory, a must-visit landmark offering stunning views of the city. The uphill hike to the observatory was filled with laughter and playful banter. Mallory, known for her love of astronomy, excitedly pointed out constellations and shared fascinating trivia about the night sky.