Chapter Nine

Thank you guys so much for 80k reads 😭😭 sobbing

------

March, 2021

Mallory patted down her blazer awkwardly as Taylor sat in her makeup chair. She looked away and rose her hand to her mouth.

"Out," She heard, making her look into the mirror. Taylor had opened one of her eyes to look at her wife through the mirror. "Now."

Mallory sighed and dropped her hand, opting to fiddle with the trouser leg instead. This time she heard another, anxious voice, making her apologise and lay her hands flat on her thighs.

"Why are you so nervous?" Taylor asked softly.

Shrugging, Mallory looked down at her hands. Taylor had painted her nails two days prior and they were already starting to chip off. "Are you sure you want me to come?"

Taylor looked at her wife in confusion. "Of course I want you to come. Folklore is as much your album as it is mine," She said. "And if you're worried about how people will react to the announcement, then we don't have to do it. They can call it what they want to call it. It doesn't matter because it's ours."

Mallory nodded and groaned into her hands. "What if we just wear our rings and don't say anything? Your fans are smart enough to figure it out."

"Okay," Taylor smiled.

When their hair and makeup were done, the two were escorted to their car and driven to the Grammys. Mallory couldn't shake her nerves because not only had Folklore been nominated for best album, but William Bowery had been for best new artist and their second song had been nominated for best pop duo/group performance, leaving her competing against people like BTS, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande, and Dua Lipa.

Taylor held her hand as they walked through the small crowd of people and were seated by the usher. Unfortunately, Mallory had been seated at a different table, but she grinned when she saw her friend and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you," She said through her mask as they sat down. "How's Soraya?"

Joe smiled at the mention of his wife. "Very pregnant. It's kind of scary, you know? Like, we're bringing a whole human into the world. She is carrying a whole human inside of her."

"Speaking of, why aren't you with her now? Isn't she like eight months pregnant?"

"To the day," Joe nodded and sighed. "I don't want to be here, but she quite literally kicked me out of the house and said 'You're not allowed back in until I see you on tv tonight. And don't bother showing back up if you don't win anything.'"

"Sounds like Soraya," Mallory chuckled and looked up at her friend. "If you're worried about whether you'll be a good enough father or not, you'll be amazing," Mallory whispered. "What names have you come up with?"

Joe furrowed his eyebrows. "We were thinking Sara for a girl, Darius for a boy."

"Sara means princess," Mallory commented and Joe smiled. "Darius means... uh, possessing wealth. Both are accurate considering how much you two make annually."

The man chuckled but didn't say anything else as the event started. Mallory looked across the hall at Taylor, and not once did she take her eyes off her wife. She knew the camera had jumped to her a few times, but she didn't have it in her to care because her wife was just so gorgeous.

When folklore won best album, Mallory clapped the loudest as her wife stood up and did her signature handshake with Jack before walking over to her wife.