Chapitre Quatorze

Taylor played Never Grow Up at the Nashville show because I said so (it's on August's 18th birthday)

-------

May, 2018

Mallory was buzzing.

Like, properly, 'I can't sit still because I'm so excited' buzzing.

She was limping up and down her hotel suite, trying to ware herself out so that she could nap before the first showing. Taylor had left in the early morning for last minute rehearsals in the stadium and Mallory was left with just their cats to keep her company until seven.

Now, the ex-runner was nervously biting her nails to the quick. Time seemed to be going slower than usual and that really ticked Mallory off. A. She really missed Taylor and B. She wanted to see her preform. The morning had been spent with Mallory listening to the entirety of Reputation, wondering how Taylor could possibly one-up herself by performing live.

August was back filming in Atlanta and would be for the next four months before going to film Spider-Man: Far From Home. Inez and Nathaniel were going to be with her at the first night in London, she couldn't imagine having to wait until late June to see Taylor on stage.

She knew Taylor missed it, too. She looked so happy talking to Mallory about all the little details that she had incorporated into the shows and showing Mallory snippets of her dances. But other than that, the brunette had been left completely in the dark.

She could practically hear everyone telling her to calm down, but she couldn't. Not when she was so close.

"Okay, that's it," She spoke to herself, "Meredith, you're... No. Lexie, you are in charge. Look after your brother and sisters for me. I'll be back in no time."

She refilled their bowls with food and left the suite, locking it behind her. She walked as best she could with her crutches to the elevators and went down to the reception, where she left the hotel in hopes of finding something to do.

She ended up just going to the cinema. They were showing the third Maze Runner and she had seen the last two, so why not? It's not like this one could hurt more than the previous two, right?

She was wrong.

Like, deathly wrong. Sure, she knew Newt was going to die (she had read the books) but it hurt so much watching it. Three hours later, she left the movie theatre in tears. Next time, she's watching a happy film like Sherlock Gnomes that comes out in three days.

But now she only had five hours (that's including the one hour it takes to get ready and arrive at the venue). Mallory decided to spend the next hour and a half shopping for random things like candles or picture frames. She even bought a new Polaroid camera for the show.

God, she was going crazy just thinking about it.

Tay 🏹: Do u wanna go see some cacti????

Mal 💘: Of course, where?

Tay 🏹: I dunno. We'll find somewhere
Tay 🏹: I'll come pick you up in a little bit

Mallory got back to the hotel at the same time Taylor did. She put everything in their room before rushing back down to Taylor, kissing her cheek once the door was shut.

Taylor grinned in response as Rick began driving them to the Sonoran Desert. When they got there, the couple walked around for a while, posing next to cacti for photos and taking in the scenery.

They spent quite a while in the desert though it was nearly cut short when Mallory went to touch a cactus, only to be pulled into Taylor's chest by the blonde that was glaring at her. Mallory gave her a sheepish smile before lacing their fingers together.