Chapter Ten

Someone named jay-bird follows me on tumblr and every time they like a post i think of jules

-----

September29/october 12-13 , 2016

When Taylor woke up, Mallory was nowhere to be found. She wasn't in Taylor's room, nor the guest one. Not in the bathroom or the kitchen. She was just gone. Taylor was more upset than she'd care to admit- really, she was heartbroken.

Andrea awoke to a call from her hysterical oldest child.

No words could help calm Taylor down. Tears were streaming down her face as as ranted to her mother about how she drove another one away. She didn't even think of calling the brunette.

Meanwhile, a very calm and collected Mallory jogged down the loud streets of New York City. Her phone was strapped to her arm and she was on call to August, Betty, and Inez, who were less than impressed with the both of them.

But, all three sisters had different opinions on what to do next.

Elizabeth believes that Mallory should go back to Cornelia Street and apologise for running away before setting Taylor down to talk about the argument last night. Inez thinks that she should keep on running until she's calm, then go back. She believes that Mallory has nothing (about running away) to apologise for.

August's 'advice' was ruled invalid and majorly inappropriate.

Mallory wished she'd gone back the minute the idea was planted into her head by her oldest sister. There was a reason that only Betty had completed university (so far. Here's to hoping for August) and more.

When Mallory got back to Cornelia Street, the apartment was a mess- or messier then Mallory had left it. A note had been placed on the table by the door. Her heart dropped upon reading it. There was no explanation, just a goodbye.

Mallory clenched her jaw and stormed into the kitchen. Her note in the fridge had been left untouched, not looked at.

She cursed before taking out her phone and dialling Taylor.

The blonde, who was in her car, flinched at the ringing. Whilst parked at the light, she wiped her tears and looked at the phone. She frowned at Mallory's contact name and her picture, clicking decline.

"Taylor?" Mallory's voice rang through the car, making the blonde sit up straight with wide eyes.

"Shit," She cursed quietly, realising that she had clicked the wrong button.

"Tay?" Mallory's voice cracked, reflecting that of Taylor's heart, "Please say something."

The blonde sniffled, "I'm sorry," She whispered.

Mallory let out a sigh of relief, "Can you come home? Please."

"Mal, I can't," Taylor mumbled.

Taylor flinched when she heard Mallory let out a cry.

"Please, Tay. I want- I need you to come home. Please, we need to talk." Mallory wiped her own tears. "I love you. Please, I need you here." Taylor stayed silent, contemplating making a U-turn. Then she heard Mallory let out another sob, "I thought you loved me, too."

"I do," Taylor said quietly, approaching a tunnel.

"Then please come home, Tay," Mallory strained.

Taylor looked at the tunnel and at the road next to her before sighing, "fuck it," She cursed, doing the U-turn. She was sure it was illegal to do so on that road, but if she went through the tunnel, she'd never see Mallory again. "I'm coming."