Capítulo Diecinueve

Happy sixtieth part and 55.5k reads 🫶🫶 thank you guys so so much

Buckle up, buttercup(s), this part is nearly 4000 words. Yikes.

------

February, 2020

Mallory's hen do was fast approaching, and her excitement was palpable. She had been dreaming of a night filled with laughter, surrounded by her closest friends and family since she'd proposed to Taylor. Soraya, Lili, Natalie, August, Inez, Betty, James, Leo, Nathaniel, Ana, Joe, and Mason were all eager to make her dream a reality.

They decided to celebrate Mallory's hen do in the heart of the city. It would be a night of exploration, good food, and unforgettable moments. The group planned every detail meticulously, ensuring that Mallory would have the time of her life.

As the day arrived, the friends gathered at a large, fancy hotel in the city centre. Mallory's eyes sparkled with anticipation as she hugged each friend, grateful for their presence. Soraya, the brains behind the operation, smiled excitedly. "Mallory, get ready for a night you'll never forget!"

The evening kicked off with a delightful dinner at a busy restaurant. Lili raised her glass, her voice filled with affection. "To Mallory, the bride-to-be! May this night be a precursor to the joy and love that await you in your married life."

The clinking of glasses echoed through the restaurant as everyone toasted to Mallory's happiness. She blushed, overwhelmed by the love surrounding her. "Thank you, my loyal subjects. Your support means the world to me."

The conversation continued with everyone reciting memories of Mallory's teen years that left the brunette a blushing mess.

"Remember when you were thirteen or fourteen and you played Should've Said No at the church talent show and got banned from church for singing about adultery?" Betty chuckled with a shake of the head as she sipped her Prosecco.

"No. No, I do not."

"Don't worry, we put it on the home video for the wedding," Inez winked.

Mason spoke up next. "Ten years ago you said you were gonna marry Taylor Swift and now here you are. What did you say your backup was again?"

"She said she was gonna apply to be in Taylor's band," Joe laughed to himself.

"We have that video, too," Natalie pointed, making Mallory groan and look down.

After dinner, the group ventured into the bustling city streets, laughter echoing through the night. They visited a popular rooftop bar, where Lili grabbed Mallory's hand, leading her to the centre of the dance floor. "This is your night, Mallory! Let's dance like nobody's watching!"

The DJ played a mix of energetic tunes, and the friends joined in, their moves an eclectic blend of rhythm and laughter. Nathaniel twirled Inez, while Leonard and Betty showcased their dance skills. Mallory and Lili laughed, spinning and twirling, embracing the joy of the moment.

As the night progressed, they stumbled upon a karaoke bar. James, known for his charismatic personality, took the lead. "Mallory, it's time to unleash your inner rockstar! What song do you want to sing?"

Mallory grinned happily and replied, "How about 'I Will Survive'? It's the perfect anthem for this occasion!"

The friends gathered around Mallory, their voices blending harmoniously as they belted out the classic hit. Mallory's confidence soared, encouraged by the cheers and laughter from her friends. In that moment, she felt invincible.

The night continued with more adventures-a spontaneous photo booth session, a ride on a Ferris wheel, and a late-night snack at a food truck festival. Mason, with a mouthful of delicious street food, grinned at Mallory. "This is what memories are made of, Mallory. Enjoy every moment."