Chapitre Dix

Y'all I'm so upset. I was two marks away from a 9 (higher A*) on one of my exams (2020 grade boundaries). TWO. TWO. BLOODY. MARKS.

-----

January, 2018

"If we were to make an album together, what would it be called?" Taylor asked through the phone softly as she laid in bed, playing with the end of her braid.

Mallory thought for a second. Really, it depended on what kind of album it would be. Rock, pop, RnB, country? "Depends. Why, you wanna start working on it now?"

Taylor chuckled at her girl... what were they? Mallory had never explicitly rejected her proposal to start again, they hadn't technically broken up in March, just stopped talking for seven months, they were being domestic again. That's got to count for something, right? Mallory hadn't been sleeping with anyone since Natalie told her she was still in love with Taylor and told the singer the same. Taylor had spent Christmas with Mallory and her family (which was something Mallory hadn't done since she was in sixth form).

"You okay?" Mallory asked softly, pulling the blonde out of her mind, "You went somewhere."

Taylor nodded and looked down at the white sheets, "I don't know about the album. I was just wondering."

The brunette hummed and Taylor held her breath, eyes fluttering shut. Mallory looked at the clock in her wall and realised it was three in the morning, meaning it was ten at night for Taylor.

"Are you tired?" Taylor couldn't answer because she yawned. "Go to sleep, put your phone on charge, I'll be here when you wake up," Mallory promised.

The blonde did as asked and turned the brightness on her phone down, "G'night. I love you, Mal."

"Goodnight, Tay," Mallory whispered, "I love you, too."

When Taylor woke up, Mallory was not there. Not because she had hung up or anything, but just because she had left her phone on her bed when she went down to the kitchen momentarily. Taylor looked at the ceiling of Mallory's room for a good five minutes before...

"I knew it from the first Old Fashioned, we were cursed," Mallory sung in a mumble as she opened the door with her elbow, trying not to drop the tray of food. Once the door was open, she grinned victoriously and placed the tray on her desk, "We never had a shotgun shot in the dark. Oh!"

The brunette went to grab her phone and jumped when she saw Taylor looking at her in confusion. The slippers didn't help her much because she ended up slipping on the hardwood floor, landing on her back with a painful thud.

"Jesus!"

"Are you okay?" The blonde rushed out.

"Fuck," Mallory cried out.

"Mal-"

"My back!" The brunette moaned in pain.

Taylor relaxed slightly and shook her head, "Calm down, you're twenty-three."

Mallory rolled her eyes and sat up, grabbing her phone. She walked over to her desk and sat down, leaning the phone against her open laptop. "Good morning," She said to the blonde.

"Good morning," Taylor rasped back. Her eyes flickered between Mallory and the food she was eating, "Did you do this on purpose? So I'd have to go downstairs and eat something because now I'm jealous."

The brunette chuckled, "Give Mark a minute."

She continued eating her breakfast and not long after a knock rang through the phone. Taylor looked at her skeptically before going to open her bedroom door. Mark stood with a bag of Tim Hortons and a large, black coffee.