seventeen

i'm going to assume that whoever was at my door has left because they haven't called out to me again.

no, they're just bored of you.

i stood up, trying to make it to the bathroom to wash my face before anyone saw me.

really?

i peered around my bedroom door, but the second i did, i screamed. there was a body slumped down against the wall.

it's your sister.

i tried to scream but no sound came out of my mouth. although the body suddenly disappeared and i was left gasping for air.

i shrugged it off hoping that it was my brain playing tricks on me and continued to head in the direction of the bathroom.

although when i got there, it was clear that the imagine in my mind had affected me, because i opened the door slowly, scared of what might be lurking behind it.

what about a body?
maybe a bit of blood?

a harsh breath escaped my lips as soon as another body came into my view.

this one was hanging from the roof, covered in blood with it's body barely hanging on to it's head.

who's this?
maybe it's you?
who knows?
you'll find out soon.

again, i tried to scream and although there was a small sound that escaped, it was nowhere near loud enough to attract anyone's attention.

no one can help you.

"jess?" i heard someone ask from behind me.

i stumbled forward in an attempt to get the furthest away from them as possible.

although the second my face pressed against where the body should've been, it disappeared and i fell to the floor in shock.

you're so stupid.

"are you okay?" someone fussed from behind me.

i turned my head to check that, whoever it was, they were actually real this time.

"kiera?" i asked relieved.

no not her.
you don't like her.
remember?

she narrowed her eyes whilst scanning my body to check that i was actually okay.

"what are you doing on the floor?" she questioned.

i looked around me, unsure of how i had found myself in this situation.

"i- uh." i tried to explain but something caught my eye.

a shadow moved quickly behind kiera, making me jump back in fear.

"jess?" kiera questioned, clearly confused.

i hummed in my response as my head moved back to focus my eyes on kiera.

"wait, what are you doing here?" i questioned.

she didn't reply, instead she gave me a questioning look before helping me up off the floor.

"you don't remember?" she asked.

we headed back in the direction of my room, although she was only ever a single step infront of me.

i shook my head after a while of trying to figure out what was going on.