Chapter 42 - The Faltered Sibling, The Other that Keeps Holding

During all the commotion, Lucelia was cooped up in the king's room. She tried to heal him with the magic power she awaken the day after giving birth to their daughter Cassandra.

"Is there a way to at least make Elven Blood less potent?" Radeon asked the Sacred Forest keepers that day.

"With the blessing of the forest, we hope it is possible."

That was why they were actually glad the king only fell to coma and did not die to the poison. The forest listened.

Postponing the king's death was the key to block Gideon off the power of the throne like in his previous life. Gideon being given the power of a king was an ultimate death flag as he might do anything as he wishes. With the king being unconscious, it gave enough time for factions grow and doubt each other.

With Lucelia developing healing power, they were hoping to neutralize poisons in the king's body. There was no guarantee, but it seems as his wife has succeeded.

***

"Father ..." Gideon's voice is stuck the moment he sees King Franz, his father walks in.

Franz look around, analyzing the situation. He turns to a certain direction to greet Reich III with a nod, which was replied back the same way.

"I have heard what happens," he moves to the middle and sit on his chair, "I can attest to Radeon's evidence."

"Father, some magical artifacts have powers to manipulate your memories. It can be false!" Gideon refuses.

"Are you insinuating that your mother might actually try to kill me?" Franz gives him a sharp glance, "Or are you just won't believing anything that your brother brings here regardless of the fact?"

The words send everyone shivers to the spine. It strucks Gideon right in his core.

"But I will you the benefit of the doubt, Gideon. Why don't you just bring that maid girl over, find her," the king orders.

The room turns silence.

"We have found her, your majesty."

Everyone turns to see Darren, the Commander of Royal Order dragging a girl who looks the same as what the artifact showed. She is dressed poorly, bruised as if she was beaten up and covered in dirts.

"Guess, I found her in the City of Mahrlein," Darren smiles proudly to Radeon, "I found her in the basement of a villa owned by Marquess Tuvania."

***

"She is an elf, she is officially your slave, Marquess Tuvania," the investigators read the documents.

"She might be an elf and my slave, but there is no saying it is her blood," he keeps shouting as everyone begins to turn to him, "And it is also a slander for you to assume I order her to do so."

Even Gideon who seems not knowing anything about turns blue. His life is hanging in the air.

'That is exactly what you did to the queen' Radeon wonders in his head.

"Your majesty, I refuse for this to be considered. Any elf can do this," the marquess begins losing his arguments.

"Of course not, Marquess Tuvania. Of course not any elf," the voice is heard as the door opens once again to welcome the guest.

Athena walks in with Latherion holding a a bowl-sized mirror.

"This is an artifact that can separate Elven Blood by its owner. Should we prove whose blood was found in His Majesty's mouth?" she looks at Radeon 'I got you, brother'.

Athena cuts herself and drips her blood. As well as the queen's blood and the elf slave's. All the three blood separates even when shaken to mix on the mirror.

The royal doctor who kept the sample of the poison drips the blood to the mirror just for everyone to see it mixes with the slave's blood.

"Marquess Tuvania," Athena looks at the condition of the slave girl, walks to him and grabs him by the collar, "Elven Blood only  turns poisonous if the owner is in great danger. May we assume of what you have done to her to cause it?"

Everything in his head just vanishes to thin air.

***

"Lord Latherion helped me through the sacred forest to ask for answers," Athena said when then asked by Radeon about the nature of the mirror artifact.

Gideon is shaken, all his ego and life willingness disappears as he looks at his two siblings from afar.

What have I done?

***