Chapter 20 - The Beloved Queen

Born Alessandra of Federline, the eldest daughter of the late King Reich II of Federline, the sister of the current Reich III of Federline. A major power in the eastern side of the Arthenz. Her marriage to the then crown prince of Arthenz was purely political until the now king fell madly in love with his queen.

Queen Alessandra surely has bewitched the king especially after bearing him the all three children he will ever need. That beauty passed down not only to the little Athena, but to the impressive looks of the two princes as well.

She is surely loved not only by her own subject in Arthenz, but also by her homelad Federline. Her reputation and effort has strengthened the standing of her brother Reich III as well as the good trades and relationship of the two kingdoms.

Queen Alessandra is what you call respectable, nobody has openly shown dislikes or yet to find an imperfections to her action.

Here she sits, drinking tea with her in the Zweich Palace garden with the one and only Queen Alessandra herself. This is out of her expectations when Lucelia entered this palace for the first time. Yet, somehow deep inside her, she knows this will happen sooner or later.

***

"I would like to visit the children," she looks at Lucelia, scanning her every move, "I keep hearing Athena come here often to look at them."

"Yes, your majesty. Princess Athena surely was elated. I am really grateful that your majesty and her highness would ever visited this humble side of mine and my children," Lucelia bows her head.

The queen looks at her with the kind of eyes that she does not understand.

"Would you walk me there?"

Lucelia stand up to escort the queen to where her children stays. Just deep inside hoping Tatiana and Katharina to manage those two to be in a presentable condition after the queen's presence.

"You get good help? I do not see many maids in the palace," the queen looks around.

"His highness does not favor to have too many people around, your majesty. The head maid regularly helps, and of course Lady Tatiana has been the most in the role," she answers as guiding the queen to the second floor.

The queen stays quiet until where the children stay. The two ladies in the room quickly gave the queen curtsies and moved to the other side.

"Oh ..." her eyes shine as to see the two boys. Leander who now can crawl around tuck her sleeves trying to catch her attention.

"Oh you pretty dear," the queen hold him up to her arms and look to the ladies, "Wasn't this room too cold during the winter?"

Lucelia moves closer to help the queen fixing her sleeves, "He stayed with me all the time during winter, your majesty. Especially at night, the insulation in my chamber has been made to his needs. We would be preparing two separate rooms for each of them to be finished before the winter."

The queen nods in agreement.

It has been long time for her to held a child ever since Athena. Not expecting herself to feel this happy.

As she walk along the hallway escorted by Lucelia towards her carriage, Alessandra took a moment to stop and truly look at the lady in front of her, "Please do tell anything for the children. If Radeon is hard to compromise with, do write to the queen's palace, Lady Lucelia."

"Your majesty do not need to bother with such a thing, his highness has provided us with more than enough."

The queen smiles, "Lady Lucelia ..."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Lift your head up, you are the mother of the princes," she got Lucelia dazed, "Of course I would do my best for my grandchildren."

She will never forget that beautiful smile of the one said to be the prettiest of all, as she walked through the palace door and left her stunned.

***

"Mother?"

Radeon is not expecting to come home to the queen exiting his own palace in the late afternoon.

"I met Rathian, he looked very much like you when you were born. But Leander is too  bright, what a nice boy you have, dear," she excitedly chatters.

"Did you talk to Lucelia?" He is horrified.

"Oh that girl, she sure is very charming."

"Why did you come here, mother?" Radeon raised his, "Is it to tell me to stop messing with the wife rules, ask me to behave, or to tell Lucelia to mind her place?"

Alesssandra took a deep breath, "Is that what you think your mother would do? Or is that what everyone expecting the queen to do?"

"I really do not care about those 'marry these girls first' and my decisions to manage my palace. I also do not care if you say the crown prince has not been chosen. Shouldn't everyone, and you mother, be happy that your sons will not need to be as if we are in competitions?"

"Radeon," she calls out to him.

He finally looks at her eyes.

She walks towards him, patting his head and gives him a light peck on the cheeks before walking away.

"I am your mother, Radeon, I know," she said, "But you really never have to sacrifice anything, I wish you will still see your father to the issue. One thing you should know, they are my son's children, of course I love them. And they have a mother, the same as I am to you, Radeon."

***