Chapter 39 - The Hands He's been Holding

Radeon lowers his sword, takes a look at his brother's eyes.

"Why do you stop?"

"You have to live," said Radeon

"Are you mocking me?"

He sighs, "You really have to fix that issue, Gideon. Why do you even care if I mock you? Aren't you the genius prince, the rolemodel, the exemplary student? You stop me from running. Why? It's not because I will beat you, even if it's a fact. But because you are weak, Gideon. You let people sway you around and think the only way for you to win over me is doing something stupid like this."

"We managed to charge through Schroder's barricade!" Shouted one of his commander from afar.

"Radeon, you can kill me here or your people will die," Gideon turns to him again.

He put his sword back, "I told you, there is really no need. We both have to be alive to watch this."

Not long after, a messenger was running through, "Prince Gideon, the palace is under attack!"

***

Lucelia and Alessandra to enter the palace welcome by familiar faces. In the front of the king's palace, has waited Duke Hart, Duke Azkarys, several cabinet members.

"The secret supporter group of Prince Radeon"

They took over the palace during the busy campaign of the two princes sieging Schroder. Radeon had been busy lobbying old friends that has always thought the persecution of the queen and the elves was injustice.

Moreover, the Royal Order, the knights group that protects king led by Darren was completely on his side.

It was too late for Gideon to sprint back with his cavalries and soldiers to find it truly was not necessary for Radeon to kill them in Schroder.

The public opinion of Gideon and the High Orders soon flunked as they believe he is too busy trying to kill his own brother and letting his own palace raided and surrender without fights.

***