Chapter 24 - Rising the Unexpected Faction

Since she has been receiving more and more helps for the children, Lucelia has been cooped out in her office to finish the works she postpone after birth.

The night has gotten cold once again, outside she is seeing hints of autumn coming. The capital surely is way colder than what she remembers home to be. Not like she has gone home ever.

Decided to end the night, she left to notice the prince's office not far off has been busy with guests.

Even this late at night?

Does she mind her own business? But she turned around to stumble upon a man. His strained look and dignified posture signs high position. She just quickly gave a curtsy, planning to leave as soon as possible.

"Lady Lucelia from Beaufort?"

She is shocked, "Yes, sir?"

"I heard a lot about you from Vivien," he said.

"Duke ... Hart?"

"Oh yes, this must be the first time you meet me," he gestures an apology, "I am Elliot Hart."

Lady Vivien Chester's patreon, the king's cousin.

She wonders what he is doing in Zweich this late at night.

He then saw some men walking towards the prince's office as well to notice them, "Duke Hart? His highness is here."

"Then I will be on my way, milady. Please keep being good friend to dear Vivien," he smiles and leaves Lucelia alone.

The questions lingering still remains to the midnight meetings.

***

"There are rumors of nobilities who secretly supports Prince Radeon to inherit the crown," said Vivien.

It is not surprising to see Vivien, Carin, and Hannah to join Tatiana babysitting Lucelia's children. However, it recently has turned intense.

"It is not like Prince Radeon to fight over a power struggle like that," Lucelia just shrugs it off, "What happens to the salon anyway? I feel like you visit me more often than spending time in the salon."

"New black ribbon girls," Hannah sighs.

Carin just vents, "Several of them, and they are really annoying."

Lucelia laughs, "What happens to the we are sisters jargon?"

"They will not see you as sisters," Carin said, "They are the first prince's concubine. They are either obnoxious or have no idea about the entire palace."

"Prince Gideon's?"

"Yeah, I heard Lady Sasha is expecting. Suddenly there were flush of ladies joining Black Ribbon Pavillion," Vivien groans, "They will definitely not like the fact that we are friends with you, Lady Lucelia."

"Wait, wait ... what is this about the tension of crown prince?" Lucelia panics.

"You are Prince Radeon's woman."

"I am just a mistress."

"You gave him two sons that clearly are in line to the throne," Carin points at the kids.

Not that she truly cares to that extent. She only wish for these peaceful days to continue.

***

"Yes it is His Highness' order, milady," Karl and Lady Katharina begins packing, "Please meet the prince in his office right now."

Lucelia rushes out as she heard all her and the children's belongings are being packed out. A fear emerges in the depth of her heart.

Is this what it feels to just be discarded?

She opens the door to find him expecting her appearance already.

"Your highness?"

"You need to go first ..."

***