Chapter 2 - What the Palace Truly Means

It is never wise to question an order, especially the one given by your boss who not only supervise you, but also higher rank than you in the nobility status. There are two middle-aged maids under the command of Lady Selen who is currently helping her bathe while the Lady herself is reciting the procedure that Lucelia has to do. She is now dressed while perfume are sprayed all over her body. She begins to question even more when her pink ribbon is nowhere, but then one of the maids started to tie her a red ribbon.

She glances at Lady Selen who is currently preparing the tea trays. The lady does not seem bothered.

"It is time already," Lady Selen hinted and Lucelia walks towards the tray.
"Yes milady," she nods.

***

It is only Lady Selen and her now, walking the long corridor towards the glass path. The silence except the two pairs of shoes clacking.

In one of the intersection, there met a black ribbon who curtsied to Lady Selen and walked away. Lucelia noticed a small movement on her lips while they passed each other. She could not hear it.

The glass path towards Zweich Palace is now within sight.

"Lady Beaufort ..."

Lucelia got surprised with the sudden conversation starts, "Yes milady?"

"I heard you intended to be lady-in-waiting?"

"Yes that is correct, milady"

Lady Selen took a deep breath, "I would assume you know well how the capital city, the high society, and especially the royal palace."

Lucelia was going to answer when the lady started again, "It does not matter what your official job is, the challenge of this society on you remain the same. It does not matter whether you want fame, money, or glory ... it lies on yourself. Lady Beaufort ... being a palace maid is indeed an honor, but being one of the Bridge Palace is like trying to carve on a rare diamond."

They arrive in the Zweich Palace and began escorted by the butler. There are maids trying to catch a glance on her and whispers among each other.

They finally stopped by a door and the butler gave a knock.

"Your royal highness, it is your requested tea from the Bridge"

After a moment in silence, the butler opens the door. It took Lucelia seconds to notice that Lady Selen eyes have widen and gestures her hand to make Lucelia enters the room.

'Wait, what?'

***

The moment Lucelia entered the room, the door behind her began to close. Across the room, seated the man glancing over her.

She walks closer to the table and preparing the tea to serve.

"There are two cups, make two," his heavy voice shocks her a little.

"Yes your royal highness," she hurriedly pour the tea to the other cup.

As she was going to carry the cup to the table, he walks closer and snatch the cup and drink them in one gulp. She tries not to panic since this is the first time she has been in this close proximity to a royal family member.

"Drink yours,"

"Eh?"

He frowns, "You made two cups, one is for you."

"But ..."

He doesnt budge, she knew it is an order and finishing the tea quick.

In a sudden, he grabs her with two hands, carry her to the other corner of the room. He throws her to a bed that she did not even noticed earlier. He crawls following her and Lucelia begins to remember, she is assembling all the puzzles in her head.

***