Defying Fate Zuko x reader

Y/n stood firm, listening intently as Zuko and Katara laid out their plan to defeat the Fire Lord. Despite Azula's past taunts about her crush on Zuko, Y/n was determined to face her and support her friends.

The day of reckoning arrived, and they found themselves standing before Azula in a fierce battle. Zuko and Katara fought valiantly, but Y/n couldn't help but feel anxious as Azula's eyes locked onto her, preparing to unleash deadly lightning. Before she could react, Zuko bravely stepped in, using his own body to shield Y/n from the attack. It was a moment of sacrifice that touched her heart deeply.

Katara kept Azula at bay, allowing Y/n to rush to Zuko's side. She cradled his head in her lap, tears welling up in her eyes. As the battle raged on, she saw Katara ultimately defeat Azula, bringing a sense of relief. With Katara's help, Y/n healed Zuko, feeling a mixture of fear and gratitude as he regained consciousness.

Later, back at the Fire Nation palace, Y/n wandered into the peaceful garden. She found comfort in feeding the turtle duck, lost in her thoughts. Suddenly, Zuko appeared, joining her in the tranquil setting.

"Fire lord Zuko," she whispered, feeling a rush of emotions.

"Call me Zuko," he replied gently. "And I want you to be by my side, not just as a queen, but as my partner in this journey."

Y/n couldn't believe her ears. Overwhelmed with joy, she covered her mouth, tears welling up again. "Yes, Zuko," she managed to say, her heart pounding with excitement.

In that moment, she threw her arms around him, pulling him into a passionate kiss. But her happiness quickly turned to concern when she noticed Zuko clutching his side in pain. Her expression turned serious, but Zuko reassured her that he was alright.

As they stood together, hand in hand, they heard the cheers and claps of their friends who had gathered to witness the heartwarming scene. Y/n's heart swelled with love and gratitude for the people around her, knowing that she had found a true family in them. With Zuko by her side, she felt ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead in this new chapter of their lives.

*requested by AllisonTart*