Healing Journey Korra x reader

You sit in the back of the airship, watching as the landscape below changes. You're nervous, but also excited. You're going to the South Pole with Korra, the Avatar, to help her recover from the poison that nearly killed her. You're not sure what to expect, but you're determined to do whatever it takes to help her heal.

Korra is lying on a cot in front of you, her eyes closed. You can tell she's in pain, even though she's trying to hide it. You reach out and take her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "We're almost there," you say softly.

Korra opens her eyes and looks at you, giving you a weak smile. "Thanks, Y/n," she says, her voice hoarse. "I couldn't have done this without you."

You smile back at her, feeling a sense of pride. You're just glad you could be there for her. "Of course," you say. "I'll always be here for you."

The airship lands on a platform, and you and Korra disembark. You're greeted by a group of healers, who take Korra away to begin her treatment. You're not allowed to go with her, so you're left alone in the cold, unfamiliar place.

You wander around for a while, feeling lost and unsure. You miss Korra already, and you're worried about her. You're also feeling a little homesick, and you wish you were back in your own nation, with your own people.

As the days pass, you spend most of your time in Korra's room, talking to her and keeping her company. You learn a lot about her, and about the world she comes from. You're fascinated by her stories, and you're amazed by her strength and resilience.

One day, as you're sitting with Korra, she reaches out and takes your hand. "Thank you, Y/n," she says, her eyes shining with emotion. "For everything. I don't know what I would have done without you."

You squeeze her hand back, feeling a lump form in your throat. "You're welcome," you say, your voice barely above a whisper. "I'm just glad I could help."

Korra smiles at you, and for a moment, you forget about everything else. You're just two people, connected by a bond that transcends time and space. You're not sure what the future holds, but you know that you'll always be there for each other,

*requested by @thebooklover1sue*