Unveiling Hearts Mako x reader

Mako and you sit on the couch, surrounded by a cozy atmosphere. You look a bit downcast, lost in your thoughts. Mako notices and decides to strike up a conversation.

"Hey, you seem a little off. Is everything okay?" Mako asked.

You sigh. "Yeah, I guess. It's just... I can't help but feel a bit down about Bolin."

Mako's eyes widen slightly, realizing your unrequited feelings for Bolin. "You still have feelings for Bolin? Even though he's with Opal now?"

You nod sadly. "Yeah, it's silly, I know. But I can't help it. Every time I see them together, it stings a little."

Mako ponders for a moment, considering the best way to help you overcome your feelings. "You know, sometimes the heart doesn't understand logic. But dwelling on unrequited love will only bring you pain. Trust me, I've been there before."

You lean in closer. "You have?"

Mako smiles softly. "Yeah, I had feelings for someone who couldn't reciprocate. It took me a while, but I eventually realized that I needed to let go and open my heart to new possibilities."

You look at Mako, your eyes filled with curiosity. "So, what did you do? How did you move on?"

Mako takes a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "I focused on myself, my passions, and the things that made me happy. I surrounded myself with supportive friends who understood what I was going through. It wasn't easy, but over time, those feelings faded, and I found someone who truly reciprocated my love."

Wistfully, you says. "That sounds like a dream."

"It can be your reality too. You deserve to find someone who appreciates you for who you are. But first, you need to let go of this one-sided affection."

You look at Mako, contemplating his words. "You're right, Mako. It's time to move on and focus on my own happiness. Thank you for reminding me of that."

Mako places a comforting hand on your shoulder. "You're welcome. And remember, I'll be here for you every step of the way."

Your face brightens with gratitude as you smile at Mako. "I'm really lucky to have you as a friend, Mako."

Mako's expression softens, and he gazes at you with newfound warmth. "You're not the only one feeling lucky, trust me."

Your eyes meet, and in that moment, an unspoken connection forms between you. The atmosphere becomes charged with the possibility of something more.

*requested by @DeSpAciTo_uwu*