Childhood friend Ming Hua x reader

You were in the middle of a fight with the Red Lotus, trying to protect Korra. You had been trained by Toph in the swamp, and you had come to Republic City to help Korra in her fight against the dangerous group.

You were holding your own against the Red Lotus members, but then you saw her. Ming Hua. Your childhood friend and crush. You had grown up together, but when she joined the Red Lotus, she had distanced herself from you.

You couldn't believe you were fighting her. You tried to talk to her, to reason with her, but she was too far gone.

"Ming Hua, please," you said, dodging her water attacks. "We used to be friends. We can still be friends."

Ming Hua didn't respond. She just kept attacking you. You tried to hold back, not wanting to hurt her, but she was too powerful.

Finally, you managed to get the upper hand. You knocked her down, and she lay there, defeated.

You walked over to her. "Ming Hua," you said, offering her a hand. "Come with me. We can get you help. We can fix this."

Ming Hua looked up at you, and for a moment, you saw a glimmer of recognition in her eyes. But then it was gone, and she pushed your hand away.

"I don't need your help," she said, standing up. "I'm doing what I believe is right."

You sighed. You knew there was no reasoning with her. You had to protect Korra and defeat the Red Lotus, no matter what.

You and Korra managed to defeat the Red Lotus, but the battle had taken a toll on you. You were emotionally drained, having to fight your childhood friend.

After the battle, Korra came up to you. "Thank you for your help," she said. "You're an amazing fighter."

You smiled weakly. "Thanks. I just wish it hadn't come to this."

Korra put a hand on your shoulder. "I know. But sometimes, we have to fight the people we care about to protect what's right."

You nodded. "I just hope Ming Hua will be okay."

Korra looked at you. "Do you still have feelings for her?"

You blushed. "I... I don't know. I guess I always will, in a way. But I know we can never be together."

Korra smiled. "Well, you never know."

*requested by @EmariTheProtecter*