32

I'm back to get this shit over with.
Missy
"Shay, what you find?" I whispered into the phone. "You said her name Briana, right?" I replied with a 'yes'. "I found out she stay on a street off of MLK." I scrunched my face up.

August know he'll fuck with a ghetto chick.

"This bitch stay in the hood." I giggled. She couldn't be nothing too special staying over there. "When you tryna make this trip?"

"We can do it Wednesday. I'm off work Wednesday. You know I just started working again." I informed her.

"Aw, you ain't tell me. I know you be feeling like shit when you leave the twins. My sister was like that when she had my bad ass nephew. She never wanted to leave him."

"Girl, you just don't understand. I'm boutta hit these sheets before Aug wake up though. I'll talk to you later, babe."

We exchanged a few more words before hanging up. I looked back to see August sitting straight up, giving me a blank stare. "Who that is?" He asked.

"That was Shay. Goodnight." I ended the conversation before it started, well attempted to.

"Why the hell Shay calling yo phone at five o'clock in the morning? I swear you be lyin'."

"What the hell? August, shut up and go back to sleep. Even if it wasn't Shay, that's not your business. You gotta side piece. I can have one if I want to. I don't though."

"Man, you trippin'. I'on e'en fuck with that bitch no'mo."

"Wasn't a bitch when you were cheating with her. I should've cheated on your dumb ass. I should've fucked Jared that night. You know what, Jared wouldn't even just fuck me. Jared would take his time and make love to me. He would do more than get a nut outta me. He would wine a-"

My sentence was cut short by an open-handed strike from August. It honestly didn't hurt my feelings. I was talking shit, but how many times is he gonna lay hands.

"You know what, Aug. I understand why you're pissed, but one thing you're not gonna do is keep hitting on me. I can't even trust you around our kids. You're so fucking crazy."

His face morphed from a stern, hard expression to a soft, hurt expression. I knew I'd hit a soft spot when I mentioned the kids.

He loved his kids. I couldn't deny that. His anger is just a major issue. How can he raise a young woman and two young men to be better people, but he's always putting his hands on people. Lyric already seen him hit me before. He needed to get it together.

"Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to staying here. I only did 'cause of the kids. I'll be gone with the kids when they wake up."

He just stared at me with a dumb look on his face. It was obvious he wasn't going to say anything, so I did it for him.

"I hate you."

I walked out of the bedroom we shared and went into the closet that was placed in the living room. I pulled out a few sheets and pillows and made a pallet on the floor of the living room. I had to move the coffee table out of the way to get more space.

My back hurt down here, but I didn't want to sleep in bed with el Diablo. He was becoming sicker and sicker, day by day.

At first, he blanked out in his own world of rage and punched me. Then, he assumed I was sleeping with Jared and did the same thing. That time, he didn't stop. Then, he hit me because of something I said.

He's so unfair and irrational. He actually slept with a chick, multiple times. I only said something about sleeping with someone and he slaps me.

I woke up to complete chaos. Lyric was in the living room, standing on my back and shouting about being hungry. The twins were crying their hearts out. The TV was turned up to the maximum. And guess who was nowhere to be found.