7

Missy

"Goodnight, baby. Love you." August and I were tucking Lyric in bed so she could get up early for her semi-annual check-up tomorrow. "Goodnight Mommy. Goodnight Daddy. Luh' you." she kissed her hand and blew it.

"G'night baybeh. Luh' you too." I nodded. "Me three." I joined in causing her to giggle.

"We do good at this luh' parenting thing. Don't you think?" August asked as we walked out of Lyric's room. I nodded. "Yeah, you a good baby daddy." I giggled at my comment.

"You know I ain't just ya' baby daddy. Stop playin'." he climbed in bed. "What are you then, August?" I questioned. I actually wanted to know because as of now, I was completely confused. "I'm ya' big daddy lova' man." he pulled me ontop of him and I laid my head on his chest.

"I'm not playing. We need to have our late night talks again." he sighed. "Let's do it." we both sat up and faced each other. "What's the topic uh' the night?"

I shrugged before I started, even though I knew exactly what I was going to say. "I wanted to tell you how much I love you, August." Not only did his eyes light up, his whole face did. "But," his smile dropped into a frown. "We're confusing ourselves and everyone around us."

"No, you confusing ya'self. Everybody know wassup with us, except you. You need'a stop being so difficult and just let me love you some mo'." I couldn't help but to giggle at his seriousness. "I know baby, I do. I just feel as if I'm not completely healed after everything from before Lyric was even born." I confessed.

"So, you still hurt by it?" I nodded. "Missy, I'on know how many times I can and already did apologize, but I'on know what else ta' do nah'. I do everything a man need to plus mo'. Not only do I luh' yo' ass, but I show it. I blow money on gifts just to see you smile and if you let me I'a cater to ya' every wants and needs. Want a new car? I got that. Ya' hair done every two weeks? I got that. Wanna add on to all that jewelry? I got that. Want a new house? Move in with me. We always in the house togetha' anyways and Lyric been begging. I juh' want you ta' unda'stand that I done grew up since then. I fucked up, but I just wanna make it betta'." I felt my emotions build up.

"I just want you ta' let me in again. Like we was at first. I luh' yo' la' crazy ass." I tried to suck up my tears, but apparently it didn't too much work. "I love you too, August." I immediately burst into tears when I let those words slip out. That's the first time we said it to each other ever since who knows. The other day we said it, but he was half asleep and I knew it would satisfy him. This time I felt it, which left me in tears.

"Watchu' crying fa' mama? I ain't say nothing wrong, did I?" I shook my head, wiping away my tears. "You know I'm a cry baby. Just like when we finally took Lyric home, I cried. Any cute moment of hers, I would cry. I just feel happy." he smiled like the Kool-Aid man.

"Let me prove to you that I ca' do good fa' you." he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "Okay." I accepted with a nod while he kept trying to rid my face of the tears.

"You know you gon' turn red, so stop crying." We laughed together, but it died down once my phone vibrated.

I looked down to a mysterious number texting me. The text read "Hey:)". I scrunched up my face and showed August the text to see if he knew who the text was from, but he didn't know either. I shrugged it off and threw the phone back down. Maybe they got the wrong number, or maybe I was being petty and deleted somebody's number. The world may never know.

-----------------------------------------------------

This was just a filler to show where their relationship is and how they feel about each other.