4

August

It's been a couple days since I got them messages from Lisa. I didn't wanna tell Missy because her crazy ass would probably try to fight her. Not for sending me the messages, but for what was said in the video.

I admit I was dumb for rebounding with Lisa after Missy and I's first breakup, but I don't recall telling her about the age difference between us. Simply because it wasn't important. Lisa was nothing but a year older than me when we met, but she was still 18 while I was 17. So, she can't talk about "legal".

Plus, ain't nobody worried about the law when I'm busting down them walls.

I didn't really tell Lisa much about Missy. I didn't even show her a picture of her simply because I didn't want her feeling like she had room to speak on Missy. The less she knew, the less she could say.

In the middle of my meeting with Def Jam, my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I checked to see who it was, just in case it was Missy calling for Lyric, but instead, I seen the number that I received Lisa's messages from. Quickly declining the call, I stuffed my phone into my pocket.

Def Jam was having a non-profit concert cluster this month. For two weeks straight, artists were assigned to concerts around America. Fully understanding that I'm a parent before anything, my schedules were more flexible, as well as my travel options.

I was assigned a private jet, just in case of a family emergency, I would be able to get home whenever instead of on a commercial airline's schedule. I wanted to bring my two ladies out of town with me at least once, but I know Missy can't just ditch the salon. She was like a high demand makeup artist in there or something.

I was honestly so proud of her, but I could tell when she talks about work that she wants more. She actually brought it up to me a few times that she would love to own a beauty salon and cosmetology line.

As of now, Missy and I were failing miserably at being just friends, but I'm fine with it and she knows I'm fine with it. The only couple-like thing we don't do is go on dates. We said we were just co-parenting, which turned into sex then among all of that good love shit.

After the meeting, I went to Small Cakes (They so bomb, y'all. Big ole' cupcakes) to get some sweets for the girls. On my way home, I received a call from Missy so I hooked the phone up to the stereo so I could talk hands free.

Pressing answer, I heard a whole bunch of shuffling going on letting me know what time it was. Time for Lyric. "Daddy." she spoke into the phone bringing a cheesy grin to my face. "Yes, baybeh?"

"You got five seconds to get home, okay? I think Mommy is mad at you." I frowned. "Fa' what?"

"I no know, Daddy." I heard Missy telling Lyric something in the background. "Mommy say she go tell you sum'pin when you get here. Okay, daddy? What you go gimme today, daddy?" I laughed. I really am spoiling her. Now every time I get home, she expects a gift.

Once I walked into Missy's house, I seen her pacing the kitchen with her phone to her ear. "Hey baby." she mouthed and motioned for me to come to her. She left two pecks on my lips and hugged onto my torso, still going on with her conversation.

"Yessss, girl! Then she came in there, flipping her cheap weave. Talking 'bout she know wassup. So I volunteered to do her hair, knowing good and damn well I can't do hair. I was in there burning her ass up with that hot comb. But I'ma talk to you in a minute, August just got here."

I could hear the other person saying something on the other side. I couldn't make out what they said, but it had Missy blushing. "Bookieeee." she dragged out, standing on her tippy toes to kiss me.

"You and this damn name. I thought you were mad at me. Oh yeah, here go y'all cupcakes." her face lit up at the sight of the big pink box.

"I wasn't mad at you. Lyric thought I was, but I explained to her that I wasn't." she said. "Speaking uh' Lyric, where is my luh' lady?" I looked around.

"She took a nap." she laughed. Grabbing the box and her phone, she led me up to her room. More like our room. "So let me tell you," she started, taking a seat on the bed.

"Wus' the tea of the day?" I laid back on the bed, pulling her on top of me. "So today, I'm in the salon and low and behold Miss.Lisa walks in. That bitch was looking for me, Aug. She looked around until her eyes landed on mine so she gonna start smirking and whatnot. She walk over to me, asking for a full facial and lashes, plus to arch her eyebrows. Her eyebrows were already arched!" I laughed at the girl gossip I was listening to.

"I know this ain't about ha' eyebrows Missy." she shook that head quick. "Nooo, listen. She asked for all this stuff just to stay in my chair longer. So after I'm done, she was feeling herself or whatever, which is cool with me. Then, she asks do I style hair as well. I asked why and she gonna say "Since you beat my face, I expect you to slay my hair." I bust into a fit of laughter at her female slang and the faces she made as she spoke.

"It's not funny," she hit my chest. "Now listen. Okay, so she asked for a simple style, something that I could do. Keep in mind, I don't do hair Aug. I'm the makeup lady. So she sit down and finally starts talking. So she asks me do I remember her, so I'm like yeah, wassup? She go, as you may know, I had my run-ins with Aug myself. So I was like, eh, that's August to you. Being all polite to her and shit. Then, she start babbling on about y'all past so at this point my head spinning. I was thinking about taking that hot comb and holding to her face, but I got Lyric and I would miss my baby every day in a prison. So, I did things the right way. I took my time with that hot comb. I would comb through real slow, making sure it touched her scalp. I dipped my hands in some water when she wasn't looking and put in her roots and put the hot comb to it. Her hair was sizzling. Then I put a whole bunch of grease all the way from her scalp to her ends so when I went through it, the grease would get hot and burn her ass up. Her eyes were red as hell filled with tears." I shook my head at this crazy woman, waiting on her to continue because I know she had some more to say.

"The she tries to make a dramatic exit and gonna' say. You just don't the power that I hold. I know your dirty secrets! I just kept it moving with my day." she said.

"Don't e'en worry about ha', a'ight? She ain't nobody." I felt this was the perfect time to show her the messages. She stayed in her straddling position with my phone in her hands, reading the messages. She scoffed, so I'm guessing she seen the pictures too. I heard the video start playing, and Missy's face scrunched up in disgust.

Once she heard what Lisa said, her eyes shot open. "How does she know about that, Aug?" I shrugged. "I'on e'en know. I swear I ain't say nothing. I didn't tell ha' nothing about you except that one day, she barged in our luh' lunch and I introduced ha'. I hardly even tol' ha' something that day except ya' name and you was carrying my baby." She sighed.

"Maybe she did the math or something. I just hope she'll keep her mouth shut or I'll sew it shut." she said like that shit was normal. I examined her face. "You good?" she nodded. "Yes, why?" she said touching her face.

"You been saying some crazy shit since I been here. You sure everything one hunnid?" she laughed, hysterically. "Yesss." she sang out.

"Missy." her head shot up. "You remember last time you was acting all crazy?" she looked so confused. I rubbed her belly and she was still lost. "When you was carrying my baybeh, Lyric in hea'." she stood up.

"Oh god August, no. I am not pregnant." she frantically shook her head. "Mhm, we'll see. I'ma keep on nuttin in ya' til you are then." I yelled after when she walked in the bathroom, shutting the door on me.

I heard her laugh and laid back so I could catch a few Z's.

---------------------------------------

I'm sorry, guys. I'm still new to this, so I'm not really good at chapter endings.

Lisa in the MM. Hillary!