12

Missy

After my emotional moment, which have been the usual lately, we were headed home. Well, to August's house. Might as well say it's home.

In the car, August and Lyric had a full on jam session. Since we were in the car for thirty minutes, I was more than ready for it to be over with. They sang songs all the way from If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys all the way to the acoustic version of Sam Smith's Lay Me Down down to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5. While August actually sang along to the songs, Lyric just screamed the lyrics out. (hehe)

"Y'all are giving me a headache." I complained. "We did good, didn't we Lyric? Mama just hating on us." Lyric just nodded because she was a Daddy's girl.

After they finally shut their mouths, I dozed off into a much needed rest since we'd all been on our feet all day long.

--------------

August

As soon as Missy fell asleep, Lyric began to talk my head, shoulders, knees, and my damn toes off. I don't why this little girl had so much to talk about. She was only two and she wasn't even in school yet. The only thing she has to talk about is her babysitter, Shay, but Missy and I haven't even been going anywhere for her to come around right now.

Lyric was still learning words, so she always had to explain stuff more since she didn't know the proper word for whatever she's talking about. Plus, if you didn't listen to her she would get upset and do all that pouting and shit.

"She eat greens all day! And she poot all night. Mommy is so yucky!" I laughed at her dissing Missy while she was sleep.

"You stink like ha' when you poot."

"No! She smell like when we make doubled eggs." she explain, mispronouncing Deviled Eggs. I bust out laughing. What two year old says stuff like that?

"I thought you liked them?" I asked, looking at her through the rearview mirror.

"I do, but not smelly stuff!" I nodded in agreement.

All of a sudden, Missy started to shift uncontrollably in the seat like she was hot and uncomfortable. I watched her from my peripheral vision as she finally rose out of her sleep.

"August." she called out lowly. "Yeah, Miss?" she scrunched her face up as if she was in pain. "What's wrong wit'cha?" I kept trying to catch quick glances.

"Pull over." she commanded. "We right by the ho-"

"I don't care pull over." I sighed and did as told.

Before I could even come to a complete stop, Missy opened the passenger side door and lunged over, throwing up whatever she'd eaten today.

"Ew, Mommy!" Lyric squealed as she watched Missy vomit on the on the street.

"You okay, mama?" I questioned as soon as she got done handling that. She just nodded sleepily.

I carried Missy into the house, then went back to get Lyric out of her seat. Lyric kept questioning me about Missy, but just like her, I had no clue.

I turned the TV on for Lyric so she would be contempt while I went to check on Missy.

Outside of the door, I could hear Missy groaning in pain causing me to worry even more. "What's going on Missy?" I asked. "I'm sick, Aug." she said.

"Obviously, but I need you ta' tell me how you got sick." she shrugged her shoulders and continued groaning and clutching her stomach.

"I think I know what's wrong wit'cha." I smiled. "I'm not pregnant." she spoke.