31

Hey y'all! This isn't a trick it's really an update, but I've got another story out, which I've announced before. It's called Through The Fire. I'm really in love with the idea of the story and would love if I had more readers and more feedback.
Also, this story's feedback is slowly declining as I go on with writing it. I love writing these stories for you guys, but how would I know YOU love it, when you don't say anything. Anyways... onto this.

August

Thinking about all my fuck-ups is all I have been doing lately. It's been two weeks since Missy and I last talked. She's still staying with her mom, and the only time I seen her was when she walked through the living room when I came to get the kids from her mom's.

I called her name, but she ignored me. That day, I felt like shit. I knew she was falling out of love with me. I could tell by the way she kept ignoring my calls for her. She even ignores my phone calls.

Once she answered, but it was when I had the kids and Lyric got sick. I missed seeing her around the house, but I'm the reason she's not here.

I know she had her insecurities, but there's no reason I should have cheated on her. Then, rub it in her face. I wanted so badly to just barge in Mama T's house and make her listen to me.

Today, I had the kids with me. Lyric has been giving me curious looks. I know she wonders why mama ain't here, and why we're never together anymore.

"Daddy, the babies cry." Lyric emerged into the theater. I mentally slapped myself. I left the baby monitor upstairs. Luckily, Lyric was upstairs.

I went into their nursery. They were lying on their backs while flailing their arms in the air. "A'ight, A'ight. Papa's here."

Their loud wailing didn't calm down a bit. I pulled Addy out of his crib. I looked down, thinking of how to get them in their theatre, simultaneously. I realized that I wouldn't able to achieve that, until they were a little older and developed stronger necks.

After going back and forth, bringing them to the theater and having Lyric follow behind with their bottles in hand, I laid them down on the theater seats with a blanket under them. I had to hold both of their bottles at once with both hands, while still trying to watch the movie.

I felt Addy's chest rise rapidly. He began to cry, very loudly. It's like the domino effect. When one cries, the other does the same. I looked down to see milk had squirted all over his face.

My dumb ass tried too hard to watch a movie, instead of what-who's important. "I'm so sorry, la' man. I ain't mean it." I whined to them. I wiped Addy's face clean of the milk. Picking up, I laid him on left shoulder and pulled Ammy onto the right.

I heard Lyric running down the stairs. I wanted to yell at her so bad about running down the stairs, but I didn't want to scare the twins.

"Daddy! What are you doing?" Lyric nearly squealed while getting closer to my face with each word. "Lyric, dammit. Be quiet, for once!" I scolded in a yelling whisper.
She fell back in her seat, forcing it to recline.

"Lyric. Get it together!" I shouted, forgetting about the twins. "I don't want talk to you! Where mommy?" The tears were nonstop spilling out of her eyes with every blink. "She's not here right now, damn."

Throughout the whole ordeal with Lyric, the twins began crying to the top of their lungs. I started walking around bouncing the twins. I was trying to soothe them, but Lyric kept on opening her loud mouth. I don't know what she was ranting about, but it was getting on my damn nerves. And the twins too.

"Just get my damn phone and call ya mama."

She sniffled up her tears and grabbed my phone to call Missy.