22

On my phone again 👀 who gon check me boo?
_August.
"God, finally." Missy plopped down on the bed once she returned from walking my mom to the door.

Today, she was returning to New Orleans and Missy seemed happy to have some privacy. Lyric also roamed more freely once my mother left.

She lightened up towards the end of her stay, but she still was a burden. She still murmured negative things about Missy under her breath all the time. It was honestly annoying, having to see my mother and my wife disagree. At least wifey is satisfied.

"She wasn't that bad at the end." I told Missy. She looked at me as if I'd grown two heads. "What?" I asked, playing stupid.
"You know that lady hates me. For what, I don't know but she does. She even said it, a few times."

I sighed. I couldn't believe my mom acted like that, I can't even think of a reason. Maybe it's something going on at home. Whatever it is, its not Missy's fault so she needs to back up off of her.

"She was acting crazy though. I'on understand why she would quote unquote, hate you. That don't matter though, me and Lyric luh' you and so will them boys." I rubbed her big, round belly as I lay next to her. She turned to me like she had just thought of some brilliant idea.

"The boys! We been so caught up in ourselves, we haven't thought of names." she sat up on her elbows.
"We'a do that when we get back home. Right na', you need to get ready so we can do this dumb ass interview." I helped her up.

She let out a grunt as she stood erect. "Let me start now because it takes me years to put on some shoes." she stated. Her statement was far from a lie. "I'a help you." she let out a soft smile, looking up at me.
•••••••••
"So how do you two, personally, feel about the rumors going around?" The interviewer asked. "It don't make no sense how people ca' just make up stuff like that. Then, involve my two year ole? I'on get it." I answered while Missy sleepily nodded.
"How about you Misses?" He diverted his attention towards Missy. "I feel the same way. It's like I don't wanna care, but I can't fight the feeling. I know it's not true so I try my hardest to not think of it and live through it, but it gets harder once your family members come to you, asking you about it. Anyone who knows us should know that we aren't into those types of things, but some people still do. It's obvious people are out to hurt us, but I'm just trying to clear it up." She explained.

Eventually, we brought Lyric out. She seemed to completely brighten the mood. She'd basically told them she was happy where she stayed, that she loved everybody, and how she was excited for the babies. If that's not a happy child then I don't know what is.

I could tell just by how Missy was looking that she was tired. Her eyes sat low and she was moving mighty slow so I decided to cut everything short and get her big ass home.

As soon as her head had come in contact with the pillow, her eyes were shut. I rushed down into the living room, quietly still, and started sending my replies off to people that had text me earlier.

Lisa had text me earlier and asked me to come over, so I agreed to it. I'm just curious to see what she's been up to since the last time we spoke to each other.

Before any of this happened, she was a cool ass chick so I just wanted to know what made her do this 180-degree spin on me. It would be cool if things could get back to the way they were before all this happened, but I know Missy wouldn't be up for that shit so I was just going to have to sneak around for now.

Once I called, the phone had rang about 3 times. I was about to hang up when I heard her sultry voice push through the speakers.

"You still coming over?" She said in a seductive tone. A small smile danced across my face in amusement. "You know it." I hung up and went on my merry way.
••••••••••
Wessuh!!!!! I did this whole thing on my phone. Congratulate me! 🎉💁🏽 fuck you mean