29

Missy

"J-Jared! Open the fuckin' door." I shouted, as I stood outside the front door of Jared's home. It was about eleven o'clock at night, and pitch black outside. I was sloppy drunk and didn't give a fuck.

I heard the door swing open. There he was, standing in front of me. Just like how he was when we first met. A tall, masculine god. He was handsome, in every sense.

"Are you okay?" He asked, snapping me out of my lustful daze. I quickly remembered the events that led me to standing on his doorstep. "H-he cheated, Jared." I wept like a mad woman. If Jared wasn't in front of me, I would have fell straight on my face from dramatically losing my balance.

He carried me into his living room, bridal style. "I'm going to get you some cold water." He stated, before walking off. I assume, he was going into his kitchen.

Once he returned, I took the glass of water and damn near guzzled it down in gulp. "Tell me what happened." He ordered, as he helped me get comfortable on the sofa. I felt like I was at a therapy, telling him all my issues.

"It sounds like you two need a break from each other, then get it back together eventually. As for him cheating, I'm clueless as to why he cheated. Maybe, he said it to piss you off." He suggested. If I didn't see their messages, I may have believed that.

"I seen the texts, Jared."

"Oh." He said, unsure of what to say next.

"I gave him all of me. I had three of his kids. Three, dammit. I carried two hefty ass twins for him." I spoke.

Before I knew it, I was knocked out. I was in a deep slumber that fast. Maybe, drinking just isn't for me.

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed the next morning with a long t-shirt draping over my body. The events of last night with August quickly replayed in my mind, sort of like a movie. Then I remembered, getting drunk and going to a friend's house. Oh god, what if I had sex with Jared.

I jet to the bathroom that was adjoined to his bedroom to empty the contents of my stomach. The hangover was in full effect right now.

"You're up, now." Jared's voice boomed in my ears, causing me to wince. I turned to see him in nothing but basketball shorts and long socks. "Yeah."

"I got an extra toothbrush. I have towels for you to use. I know you don't want to smell like vomit all day, so I washed your clothes. You won't have to wear dirty clothes after you clean yourself." He said, with a warm smile coating his face.

I jokingly scoffed. "Okay, supermom." I giggled. "Nah, that's all you." He joked.

After cleaning myself up and getting dressed, I headed downstairs to grab my keys and go on about my business.

"I'm making breakfast. Stay for a second. I won't hold you any longer. Plus, I want to see where your head is at." He offered, more like commanded.

As we ate, we talked about my life with August, but I really wanted to know what was going on with him, and why he was still single.

"These women in Atlanta aren't looking for love, Missy. I want a real relationship, not to be played like a joke by some female who can't get their head on straight. Plus, I'm a sucker for love. As soon as I begin to love a girl, it's hard to stop." He admitted.

"I guess you're right." I said, letting out a low sigh. "You'll be okay. You and him, you two are inseparable. Made solely for one another." He said, as he flicked my nose.

There was a short silence, before he took us on a journey down memory lane. "You remember that time we had to beat his ass on the lawn of your old house that day?" He questioned, causing me to roar in laughter.