30

Missy

I was currently pulling the driveway of August and I's home. "August!" I shouted, as I walked through the door. I came over here after checking on Jared. He was okay, and August was the least of his worries. No matter how many times I apologize, I still feel terrible. If it weren't for me being all comfortable and cool in his house, August's wouldn't have shown up.

Finally, I seen him coming down the stairs in some grey sweatpants. I realized the house was dead silent. He had the most nonchalant expression, as if he didn't just find me and clobber Jared's face. It was honestly the scariest thing I'd experienced with him.

The fact that he looked as if he didn't care about anything, but could explode at any given moment, and me not knowing when that moment could be. It was quite frightening, but I wasn't going to let him act out the way he was.

"August, what the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted after him. He just ignored me and continued on his journey down to the basement of the house. The basement contained and in-home studio for when August was feeling sick, a theater, and a game room for when August and his friends had little get-togethers and wanted to play 2k.

I noticed that he was going to the game room, so I just continued following him. "Where are the kids?" I asked in a much calmer tone. "Your mom's." He finally spoke. He plopped down on the black leather sofa in front of the TV screen that was built into the wall. I realized that I had to be calm to get a response out of him.

I sat down beside him, scooting close but he kept trying to scoot away. I kept on doing this until he couldn't scoot anymore. "What's going on with you, babe?" I placed my hand on his leg.

"Ain't shit wrong wit me." He continued to look forward as he started up a game. "Can you put the game down for a sec. Talk to me." I softly spoke. I started to kiss up his bare tattooed arm once I realized he wasn't going to answer. "A'ight. Damn." He gave in.

"When you had the twins, you and I both know that your attitude was crazy. You didn't even want to be bothered with me. You didn't even smile half the time. I was upset. I felt like I wasn't pleasing my wife."

His voice began to crack, but he quickly cleared his throat. Seeing him get so emotional hurt me, but I needed to hear this.

"When I was out, that night we got arguing. The girl, Briana, approached me in a corner store. She said she was a big fan of mine, and she wanted to show me how much she luh me. I smashed in ha' car. I got home and you was crying. After that, I knew I would never do that shit again. I was gon' tell you, but you were already cranky as fuck, so I didn't wanna make it e'en worse. I was gon' wait 'til a better time." He confessed. I took a deep breath to keep myself from smacking his ears off his head.

"Are you fucking serious, August?" My voice cracked. He just held his head down, obviously ashamed of himself. He chewed his bottom lip with his head in his hand. I still had a clear view of face and I could see the tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"So explain the Jared thing." I ordered wanting to know it all.

"I felt like since I cheated, you would do it too. Ta' get back at me. I took out all the anger I had out on Jared. I vowed to neva' hit you again, so I found the first target except you."

"He didn't deserve that." I said, in full on tears. "He's in that hospital. His face is completely swollen, for nothing. He was only helping me from hurting myself, and you hurt him." I sniffled.

"I'm sorry. I'a apologize ta' him too. In front of ya' face if you want. I promise I jus wanna make it right." He pleaded. "I need time, August. You've just been wilding out lately. I just need time from you." I told him as I stood to my feet. He simply nodded knowing that he couldn't do much about it.

"I'm so sorry, Missy. Can I kiss you?" He asked. "Not on the lips." I told him. He let out a heavy breath of sadness. I could tell. He stood up and gathered my body in his arms. He placed a lingering kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry. I'on know how many times I'ma say it, but I mean it each time." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and pulled away.

"I'll talk to you later, August." I spoke, as I walked upstairs to gather more clothes and my necessities. I was just going to stay at my mother's house for a while.

I walked into my mother's house. Lyric was running around in a sparkly pink tutu with leggings and a hello kitty shirt with starts on it. She was in front of the TV watching some weird ass kids' show. I went into my mom's room to see her laying down with twins on in the middle of the bed surrounded by pillows. Ammy was laying on his stomach, trying to get his head up so he could look around. Addy was laying on his stomach gripping onto Ammy's onesie. I laughed at how Addy was already bothering his brother at such a young age.

"Hey ma." I said in a sigh and sat on the small seat that was at the foot of her bed. "Hey, babe. You sound tired." She said. She knows every damn thing.

"Yeah, August has got me going crazy."

"You don't gotta tell me. When he came over here with the kids, he looked like shit. We went into the kitchen and talked. The boy broke down into tears talking about how bad he's messing up. He also told me about what he did to Jared. I didn't know you still talked to Jared. How is he by the way?" She questioned.

"Oh, he's in the hospital now. August beat him to a pulp." She gasped. "I knew he hit him, but I didn't know it was that bad. He sweetened that damn story up." She said, beginning to think. "Yeah, his face is all types of swollen. Luckily and surprisingly, his injuries weren't too serious. I would've thought August had killed him if I didn't check his face. You couldn't see his face through all the blood, ma." She sighed.

"That boy is something else. I beat his ass when he told me about everything, especially the cheating part." She told me.

"Thanks, ma. That means a lot to me." I laughed.

I went into the living room and told Lyric to take a nap with me, since I had no one to cuddle up under.

I fell asleep with her little body laid on top of mine and my hands in her hair.

Oh, and go check out YunginAmbitions story, Ambitions. She just started and it's juicy so faaar *sings*

You know I don't recommend bullshit, so it's legit good 👌🏽