17

(Missy & August)

August

Today was the day of our wedding. I wasn't nervous like everybody else, I was more restive than anything. I was so impatient, I felt like I would burst if we didn't start it now. We weren't doing the whole thing where we would separate then meet again at the alter, we were walking down together.

"How long you gon' take, Missy?" I asked for the thousandth time. "August, shut up!" she yelled from the bathroom. I just shut my mouth and threw my arms around like a little kid whose mom just threatened to whoop their ass.

Twenty minutes later, she stepped out in this knee length lace dress (like the MM, but I'm making up the bottom of it lls). You could see almost everything, but the lace got thick on her private parts so you couldn't see through it.

"I can't wait ta' marry ya' ole fine ass." she giggled. "Shutup, boy. This is what you're wearing?" she asked, looking me up and down. "Yeah, it's ugly or something?" she shook her head. "It's decent. I just wanted to make sure." I nodded. "Betta' say it's decent."

"I gotta question." she spoke, once again.

"Wassup?"

"What happened to us wearing white?" she questioned. "I ain't e'en think of that, but it's whateva' we look good this way. Ain't too many weddings in all black." I stated.

"You're right. I really like this, though. This is a pretty lavish way of eloping, don't you think? We're in Paris for God's sake."

"You right, but our official wedding ca' be unda' the Northern Lights." I suggested. "That's beautiful, baby." she smiled. "Ya' man should really be a wedding planner. It ain't quick weave no' mo', it's about quick weddings." she laughed and planted a sweet kiss on my lips, but of course, I had to make it something sensual.

"August, can we wait until the reception?" she giggled. "Yeah, you right." I pulled back. She walked in front of me and grabbed my hand guiding me to the lobby where Lyric and Mama T were waiting on us.

Mama T smiled brightly once her eyes landed on us."Well look at y'all. Y'all are ju-" she was cut off by her own tears. "Mama T, what's wrong wit'cha?" It seems like I've been asking that question a lot lately.

"It's just so crazy, seeing y'all grow. I remember y'all arguing in my kitchen about if y'all should be together and don't act like I forgot about y'all bussin' it down in my house on Christmas." Missy's jaw dropped, but I picked it up for her.

"Ma." she whined. "Ah, shutup. It don't matter. Even if I didn't catch y'all, I already knew what y'all was doing. Hell, it's obvious. Lyric didn't come from a stork and that bun in the oven ain't made from yeast. Now let me finish reminiscing." she waved us off.

A sly smirk danced across her face. "I also remember when August came in my house, just as skinny as he wanna be, you looked like you hadn't ate in weeks." she looked me up and down. "Well you still do, but you get the point."

"Missy, I remember your first period too." Mama T smiled. "Ok, ma. Let's go, we're gonna be late."

Once we made it to the venue, we seen our pastor standing there alone. Lyric walked in front of us, her little dress bouncing with every stride. "This pity." she said, missing the R out of pretty. "You think so?" I asked.

"Mhm." she nodded.

The pastor greeted us and made sure of our names. "Did you write any vows?" he asked. Missy and I looked at each other and laughed. "Nah, we know how we feel about each otha'." I replied.