21

I'm attempting to write a whole chapter on my phone. Y'all gonna see when I pull up with my black emojis.

-Missy|Same Day-

"Ok, so where does everyone wanna go today?" I asked. We were supposed to be going out today, but I couldn't figure out what to do.

They both shrugged, looking just as clueless as I felt. "Maybe we should just ask Lyric when she gets down here."

As if on cue, Lyric ran down the stairs but slowed down once she seen Sheila. "Hi." she spoke softly with her eyes still glued on August's mother.

"This my mama, Lyric." August explained to her. "She ya grandma." Lyric still stared at the woman, but she just nodded and climbed in August's lap.

"She's so pretty." Sheila complimented. "Tank you." Lyric softly responded and laid her head back on August's shoulder. "What do you wanna do today, Lyric?" I asked. She put her finger on her chin in deep thought. "Zoo again!" She shouted. August and I chuckled at her excitement to do something we've done a hundred times before.

We finally made it to the zoo after all the arguing between August and his mother. They argued about every little thing, which eventually turned into bigger things. She said August listened to hood music because he used to sell drugs. I don't see how that even made sense, but he just ignored her.

"Let's go!" Lyric shouted once she seen that we were at the zoo. "Honey, you a la' too loud." Sheila said causing Lyric to frown up. "She ca' be as loud as she wanna." August snapped.

"I'm just saying. Ain't no reason she gotta be that loud."

"Maybe she's just happy. She's only two." I spoke up. "Y'all needa teach ha' betta'." she mumbled. "You need to stop worrying about how we raise our kid. We let her be a kid instead of forcing her to live a grown up life."

"August, check ya' wife." she spat while shaking her leg. "Just be quiet and be respectful. My wife ain't did nothing ta' you, but help you out. You sitting here disrespecting ha' like she hurting you." August snapped.

She let out a childish 'hmph' and pouted. I sighed and went to open the door, but was stopped when August caught my hand. "I got it." I nodded and sat back. As soon as August shut his door all you heard was... "Bitch." from Sheila. "Bitch!" Lyric happily repeated causing Sheila to chuckle.

"Watch your mouth!" I shouted. "What the fuck happened?" August asked as he helped me out of the truck. "Your mother called me a bitch and your daughter repeated it." his face turned sour at my words.

"Why you cussin' round my child man?" He mugged his mother while she stepped out of the truck. "Boy, I cuss round whoever. I don't give a damn." I rolled my eyes and sighed. What the hell is going on?

August ignored her and got Lyric out as well. "You trapped my son?" She stared me in my eyes. "No ma'am, I did not." I simply replied. I didn't even feel like being bothered with any other crazy things this woman had to say. It's shocking to me how sincere she seemed at first and now she shows pure hatred to my family when we've done no wrong.

August came back around from getting Lyric and led us to the entrance. He paid for all of our tickets and we all went inside the park. "Where you wanna go first baybeh?" August asked Lyric as she had her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Famigos." she sung out. "What the hell is a famigo?" Sheila mumbled. "You know you can leave, right? I didn't force you to be here. No one can force you to get on a plane and drive up to our home. You did that on your own. So if you hate us so much, you can leave. On your own." I spoke up.

"I'm sick of you talkin' shit ta' me and August, I'm sick of yo' scary ass not having my back with this bitch."

After she said that, a whole yelling match started. I was shouting at her, she was shouting at me, and August was shouting at both of us while Lyric was crying loudly.

Eventually, security came and escorted us out. Lyric was upset since she was so hyped to go. She didn't even understand what was going on. Hell, I didn't either.

We returned to the house thinking that his mother would leave, but she still was trying to follow us in the house. "You really think we want you around any mo'?" August asked once he seen her trying to enter the house after us.

"You know what? I really don't care. I'on wanna be around y'all anyway. Wit'cha loud mouth baybeh and ya' retarded baby mama. I heard about y'all anyway, y'all ain't shit." she spat.

August looked at me, but once his eyes met mine I dropped my head in shame. Of course, I knew that we weren't doing any of the things we were accused of, but it still hurts to know people believed it, not even random people but August's mother. The one who birthed and raised him could bring that up.

He slammed the door in her face and lifted my head with his finger. "Look at me." I looked up to see him staring in my eyes while Lyric was still in his arms, staring at us as well. "We both know it ain't true, so don't worry about ha' or nobody else. A'ight?" I nodded, on the verge of tears. "Don't cry, mama." he whispered before planting a sweet kiss on my lips and resting his free hand on my round belly.

"I love you, Aug." I whimpered letting my tears fall. "I luh' you too. Stop that crying na'." I nodded, not knowing what to say. He planted many more kisses on my face. Lyric made a noise like she was regurgitating at the sight.

After calming down, August led me over to the sofa so I could rest my feet. A soft knock was heard from the front door as soon as I got comfortable. "I'a get it." August ran to the door.

"Wat'chu want, ma?" I heard August ask whoever was at the door. I'm pretty sure it was his mother since I didn't hear her pull off in her little rinky dink rental car and he called her 'ma'.

"I'm sorry son, bout alla' the stuff I done said today. I'on got no where to go. Ya' wife paid my way here, but I was expected to stay here. I'on got my own money fa' no hotel." his mother went on. I sighed knowing that she would have to stay here.

"Lemme go consult with the lady of the house first." he told her. "I don't care." I let out grudgingly, before he even got a chance to ask.

This is going to be a long three days.

————————

I published this and took it down b/c I forgot to say one thing.

ONE: Even though, I used August's mother's real name that doesn't mean she is his actual mother in real life. I couldn't think of another name and I wanted to get the chapter done and over with so I used her name. I don't want to use his actual mother b/c that's not my place. I don't think it's BAD that other people use his actual family members, but I feel like it's wrong of ME to play on the lives of his family members to keep this story interesting.

So, Ima leave it at that.

ONE MORE THING: So, today I went and got the snake eyes piercing on my tongue. Actually getting it pierced, didn't hurt that bad but BITCH right now, I'm struggling. I got all this good food, but guess what? It's hard to eat it since the tip of my tongue is sore. MY GAWD!