Red Dress

Chiara's POV:

I wake up to hear a loud beeping noise and a horrid headache.

I open my eyes to see everyone surrounding me. I look around to see I'm in my room with a monitor attached to me.

"How are you feeling Chiara?", my dad questioned.

"I've got a headache and my whole body aches", I croak out.

"Do you remember what happened?", Dante asked guiltily.

I give him a weak nod and sighed.

"Can I get up now?"

"No, you have to stay in bed for 30 minutes after gaining consciousness. That's what Dr Soe advised us to do before leaving", Vincenzo explained.

"Can I speak to Chiara alone?", Dante asks no one in particular.

Everyone left my room leaving just Dante and I.

"Chiara, I'm so sorry for not training you beforehand. I never expected it to get so out of hand. I should've never made you run before you could walk"

"That's okay"

"We've cut Nicole out since she can't follow simple instructions. So you don't have to see her again", Dante informed.

"Can you get me a mirror, I wanna see how bad my face is", I ask sheepishly.

He went to the lampshade which had a mirror next to it and grabbed it for me.

"Thanks", I murmur before starting to inspect my face.

The swelling had gone down dramatically which was good. There were a couple bruises near my chin and cheeks though.

"See, it's not as bad as you think", Dante comforted.

"I guess so", I respond.

"Your 30 minutes are up. I'm just gonna take the needle out of your hand then I'll let you freshen up"

I felt a sharp sting and Dante immediately plastered it up.

"See you downstairs for dinner", Dante smiled.

"Bye", I smile back.

I get out of my bed and decided to hop on the shower. The hot water steamed the entire bathroom within minutes. I give myself a good rinse of my bodywash and got out in a pink towel.

I look through my closet and go to the jammies section since the day was practically over.

I ended up choosing a matching set with a small teddy printed on the top right with a black background and mini teddies printed all over the shorts with a white satin bow.

I walked downstairs to see everyone patiently waiting for me in the kitchen.

Once I sat down the maids swiftly escorted our food to the dining table.