Kill or Be Killed

A/N

Thank you every single one of you for helping me get 3K on Shattered Hearts; Broken pieces. I am so grateful for all of you!! 🩷💙

Chiara's POV:

I have been pacing back and forth ever since Dante closed the door on me. I can't hear anything that's going on outside which is making my anxiety increase.

I grabbed myself a bottle of water from the fridge to sip on and I sat back down on the bed soon I heard a small lock sound implying someone must be there. I close my eyes for a split second hoping it was my dad or my brothers'. 

I open my eyes to be met with Dante, his clothes have splashes of crimson stained on them.

"Don't worry, it's not mine!", he chuckled. 

The blood-stained clothes remind me of a half-forgotten memory that I buried deep within myself. 

Flashback

"You don't deserve to live", my mother shouted whilst kicking me hard in the stomach. 

"I've had enough of you"

Thump.

"You always disappoint me"

Thump.

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?"

Thump. 

After that, she left. I tried to slowly breathe in and out whilst still laying on the floor. She came back again holding something that I will never forget. 

She brought a bloody knife. 

"Stay quiet, we don't want the neighbors hearing do we?", she whispered, stroking my hair. 

She grabbed the first limb she saw which much to my dismay was my arm. She yanked it forward to herself making my body jolt with my arm. 

My own mother sliced my arm, splitting the skin into two divided regions. A mess of blood and tears were splayed out on the floor and clothes of my mother's and mine. 

Flashback over

"Hellooo? Chiara?", A hand waved across my face, grasping my attention.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"You need a shower and a change of clothes. You smell like rust and metallic", I reply, dismissing his question.

"You're gonna have to tell that to everyone", he giggled.

"Ughhhh", I grunt.

"What's got your panties in a twist", He laughed whilst wiggling his eyebrows.

"You just killed a person or maybe more. I don't know but here you are joking around. How sick are you?"

"They were attacking us. Kill or be killed"

"At least have a bit of decency and respect and stop joking around about their death", I glare. 

"Respect? Respect the people who decided to ruin dinner and kill my family?"

"Well, no but-"

"Exactly!", he cut in and left the room. 

I decided to go to my room and sleep this horrible day off. So much has happened in the span of a couple of hours. 

 Dante's POV:

I decided to listen to Chiara and go take a shower. I do smell like blood.

I stripped myself from the blood-stained clothes and hopped in the hot water that burned my skin.