Doorbell and glass

Chiara's POV:

Once Enzo left, I laid back on my bed and I had a massive cheesy grin imprinted on my face.

I have a loving family and that's all I need in this life, nothing can go wrong now.

I need to get myself a phone so I can have everyone's number. Maybe when I go to school I'll make friends and I can text them.

I sit back up to resume my show and just then I heard the doorbell.

Who on earth could that be?

I run downstairs to find out who's at the door and I accidentally bump into Enzo who was carrying an ice cream sundae.

The poor ice cream sundae went flying to the ground and the next thing I knew there was glass all over the stairs and floor.

"Chiara!", My brother exclaimed, grabbing onto my arm so I don't hurt myself.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I was too busy getting the door", I felt my eyes glisten with tears of remorse.

"It's okay, don't worry. We'll get one of the maids to fix it, okay?", Enzo reassured as the doorbell rang again.

"You go get one of the maids, I'll go answer the door. We need to clean this up before dad sees.", I order.

"Okay captain!", He chuckled.

He ran upstairs as I ran downstairs trying not to step on the glass.

I unlock the door with a hug grin on my face ready to greet one of my family members with a hug.

My smile instantly faded when I saw man who I didn't know. There was a glint of suprise in his eyes before it was masked with a stoic expression.

"Hey, how can I help?", I smile.

One minute I was standing near the door and the next minute I was pinned to the wall.

He kicked the door wider to let himself in and grabbed my wrists and pushed me against the wall. All this happened before I could even have time to react. Wow.

He lifted his finger up to his lips indicating me not to scream as he showed me his gun in his waistband.

"I will not hesitate to shoot if you don't answer my questions truthfully"

His words sounded more like a promise than a threat. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"Please don't hurt me", I whisper trying hard not to cry.

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here"

"Don't lie, who do you work for?", He shouts in my face.

"I swear, I live here, this is my home.", I utter under my breath.

"DANTE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER?"Enzo shouts.

"Enzo stay out of this, she's trying to destroy our mafia"

"Mafia?", I question.

I'm so confused, I thought they ran a business. They can't be in the mafia. This must be some silly joke.

"She's our sister, you idiot!", Enzo screamed.

Once he heard Enzo, Dante let go of me instantly and stood back staring at me.

"THIS WAS THE BLOODY SUPRISE?", Dante yelled.

I hate people shouting so I ran upstairs to Vincenzo and left Enzo and Dante arguing.

I knock on the door, chewing on my nail hoping he'd say 'come in'.

"Come in", my brother said in a low voice.

"Hi, it's me.", I smile as I entered the room.

"Hey sis, you alright?"

"Can we talk?"

He nodded.

"You know how the doorbell rang? There was this guy there and he pinned me to the wall asking me who I was. He kept talking about how I was trying to 'destroy our mafia'. He also talked about how this situation was the suprise. Enzo said his name was Dante, isn't he the brother who left for some business meeting? Dante and Enzo are arguing downstairs now. I don't understand what's going on."

Saying all that, felt relieving but looking at his face, it was the opposite. My brother's face looked white as a sheet.

"Right well, we'll talk about this later, let's go sort them out, yeah?"

"What if he tries to hurt me again?", I can't help but get rid of the memory of  him.

"He won't, I'll be there"

I nodded hesitantly as we both got up making our way downstairs. By the time we got there, everyone in our family was already there.

"Hi", I squeak, looking down at the floor. There was no longer any glass.

"On Dante's behalf, I apologize for him acting so aggressively. He told me everything and he would like to apologize.", Dad says with disappointment.

"I'm not sorry, you deserve it!", Dante spat.

Everyone stared at him, most of them giving death glares.

He slowly started walking up to me and I could feel my heart trying to escape out of my body. I stared at the ground, hoping I'll be fine.

He lifted his arm up to me, I felt my legs give up on me and I saw black.