Takes Ones to Know One

Chiara's POV:

"Chiara wake up", Vincenzo grumbled.

"No", I mumble back, going under my sheets to avoid the light.

I felt a strong tug on the top of my head, my brother was trying to pull apart the sheets from my body to wake me up.

"Just go away!", I groan.

"Not until you wake up!"

"Fine whatever, I'm up", I throw the sheets away from my body whilst rubbing my eyes.

"And also I think Marcello deserves an apology"

"I think not, now get out of my room so I can have a shower!", I push him out of my room.

I do my daily usual routine and I'm out of my room in no time.

"Morning guys", I greet everyone, grabbing myself some toast.

I made my way to my designated seat in the dining table without making eye contact to Marcello. Who does he think he is wanting an apology? If he didn't talk ill about Christian, I wouldn't have said I hated him.

Once we all finished our breakfast, Marcello, Enzo and I walked to one of the cars to ride to school. Luca wasn't feeling well so he just stayed at home.

"You're not getting in Chiara", Marcello coldly stated.

"Not unless you apologise", Enzo smirked.

"Well, I'm not apologising", I replied, getting in the car.

"Get out of my car", Marcello demanded.

"No", I grinned.

"Right, that's it!", My brother's patience weared off before lunging at me, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the Porsche.

"No, let go of me", I kicked my legs frantically.

"Get out of my car or apologise"

"I hate you", I glared before getting out of the car myself.

"Me too sister, me too", He shot back, driving away with Enzo to school.

Once he was out of sight, I grabbed the car keys to another car and decided to drive to school myself. I have to use another one of Marcello's car.

I looked at all the options to choose from. The choices ranged from BMWs' to Land Rovers to Bentley's to Lamborghinis. He took his favourite car to school today.

Looks like I'm going to have to damage his second favourite which is none the less his precious Bentley.

I swiftly grab the keys on my way to the beautiful Bentley and key it. A bunch of scratches makes it way home to my brother's car.

His reaction is so going to be worth it! I drive to school in the keyed up car turning the radio on listening to whatever crappy song was on.

I made it to school within 10 minutes alive... Which is a miracle itself.

I got out of the car and all eyes were on me. I glanced at Marcello and he was fuming. His skin held a light tint of red which made me stifle a laugh.

"What's wrong cello?", I ask innocently.

"You are dead when we get home", He grabbed me by my shoulder whispering in my ear.

"Not unless I kill you first", I grin before leaving to enter the building.

I look at my timetable to check what I have. PE, not bad. I walk to my locker to collect my pe kit.

I grab my kit and quickly go to the changing rooms before I'm marked in late.

"Today we're going to be playing badminton. The aim of the game is to outwit your opponent", She explained passionately.

"Now everyone, partner up and play against each other", Miss Smith ordered.

I look around to find myself a partner when I saw everyone quickly moving closer into twos. Rylee wasn't in my class so I couldn't pick her which made me feel disappointed.

The longer I looked at my classmates, more people partnered up making my heart cry out for someone to be play against.

I grabbed a shuttle and walked to a little corner of the room trying hard to not disrupt anyone's matches. I lean against the wall hoping this hour would pass by faster.

"Hey, Chiara! Look who I found trying to sneak his way into being a three with those two boys over there", my teacher rolled her eyes snapping me out of my thoughts.

I look to see who the poor kid was who got forced into working with me. I was met with those deep hazel eyes staring right at me with a look I couldn't decipher. Christian.

His face didn't seem to bad. A couple of plasters here and there and many small cuts all over his body. I could easily see the bruises hiding under his makeup. Takes one to know one.

"Stop staring at eachother and play badminton!", Miss Smith smiles whilst ushering us into one of the free courts and walked away to go help others who are struggling.

"I'm sorry!", I blurted out.

"What for?", He questioned.

"For um, well, my brothers and well, you know. And for not being able to play with your friends", I reply awkwardly, playing with my fingers.

"Don't worry about that. No one knows about your brothers attacking me and we'll keep it that way, yeah?"

I gave him a timid nod with a smile.

"And don't worry about getting partnered up with you. I don't mind. Now let's play!", He grabbed my arm, gently dragging me to the other side of the court.

We played quite well if I'm honest. I enjoyed playing against him. We kept laughing it out when either of us missed a shot which made me feel less nervous.

"You wanna take a little break?", Christian asked, signalling his head towards the wall behind him for us to lean on.

"Yeah sure", I smiled trying hard to make it seem like I'm not out of breathe.

I walked over to the wall where Christian was already leaning on whilst drinking water. Beads of sweat resting on his forehead, showing off how focused he was in the game.

"Hey", I mumbled.

"So what do you think of the game?", He questioned.

"It's alright. Better than I thought"

"That's good. I wanna get to know you, tell me something about you, Chiara!", He stared at me with a glimpse of hope in his eyes that I'll answer.

"Umm. I don't know. I like the colour green?", Him wanting to know me made my heart beat faster.

"No, not small talk. Tell me something you've never told anyone", he smirked.

"Nope"

"Oh come on, pleaseeee. I promise I won't-"

"Chris, who did you end up getting paired up with?", A familiar voice cut in. I turned to see who it was and to my dismay it was Xander Black.

He looked at me with a disgusted look on his face. It was easy to tell he despised me without any words ever being said.

"Come on, let's get away from her" Xander grimaced. Christian gave me an apologetic look before following his friend.

Leaving me alone.