Cello

TW: SH

Chiara's POV:

It's currently dinner time now and I'm already feeling full from those french fries.

The smell of lasagne makes my mouth water, I really want to eat it but I feel like I'm going to puke if I have another bite of food.

Most of us are already at the dinner table, waiting for the rest of the idiots to come downstairs.

"How come dad isn't here?", I ask.

"Did dad not tell you?", Marcello questioned back.

I shake my head, curiosity buzzing through my mind.

"Oh, he must've forgotten to tell you, he's gonna be a bit late coming home, work stuff. Sorry sis.", Vincenzo replied.

"Ok, that's fine Vinnie.", I reply back.

"Vinnie?", Marcello asked, questioning the nickname.

"Yup, his name's too long", I giggle.

"Where's my nickname?", Marcello said.

"Ok fine, Cello. Happy?"

"Like the instrument.", Cello called out.

"Yes exactly like the instrument!"

By that time, everyone was already downstairs so all my brothers' bursted out laughing except Cello, he didn't look too happy.

"Why can't you call me Marc?"

"Cello's more funny"

"Ok Chi", Marcello replied.

"Why can't you call me-"

"Ditto", my brother quickly cutted in.

Just then the front door slammed open and in came Dante. My heart sank and everyone's laughter vanished into thin air.

"You're sitting in my seat", Dante's rough voice echoed through the room.

I was about to get up when Vincenzo put his arm Infront of me hindering me from getting up.

"There's a seat opposite Chiara, go sit there", Vinnie demanded.

I heard him cursing me out under his breathe but moved to the seat opposite me.

Once Dante sat down, the maids started serving dinner to everyone. 1 big slice for everyone and some salad.

Everyone started to dig in whilst I stared at the food. I slowly start taking a bite of my salad since I know for a fact I can't eat the lasagne.

One bite of my salad and I physically cannot eat anymore so I start playing with my food. Hoping no one will notice.

"Do you not like your food sis?", Vinnie questioned.

Before I had the chance to reply Dante butted in.

"She thinks she's too good to eat this, don't you Chiara?", He mocked.

"Stop it, she can talk for herself, Dante.", Vinnie ordered.

"I'm just not hungry that's all.", I mumble.

"Stop being so ungrateful and eat your damn food, stop acting like you're too petty to eat it ", Dante roared.

Each one of his words made me dig my fingernails deeper and deeper into my skin. Everyone was too busy glaring at Dante to pay attention to what I was doing to myself.

"I'm sorry, I really can't eat-"

"Just get the hell out of my sight before I do something I'll regret.", Dante yelled hinting to violence.

His words scared me to the core making me jump out of my seat and run to my room.

I sprinted up the stairs trying not to trip over. I heard a few of my brothers telling me to come back but my body was in flight or fight mode.

There's no way I'm gonna fight him, he can break my body into two using one of his hands. Best thing I can do is lock myself in my room and wait for him to calm down.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Vincenzo's POV:

"Chiara come back", I yelled loud enough for her to hear me but she carried on running for her life.

"Why did you do that? She couldn't eat her food and you insinuated on hurting her?", I shout. The anger I feel right now is undescribable.

"No because she thinks she's better than all of us. She plays the victim constantly so she wins all our hearts and it's working for you all.", He shouted, pointing at all of us.

"What is wrong with you? Stop acting like you don't know what happened in her life previous to us. You saw what dad sent in the groupchat, you know everything we know. So how dare you talk to her like that!", Marcello yelled.

I know Dante has a lot of problems, especially after Chiara left but his behaviour is unacceptable. It disgusts me.

"Go apologise to your sister before I'll do something that I won't regret.", Enzo maliciously laughed.

He slowly nodded looking down at the floor.

"I'll go say I'm sorry in the morning. I feel like she might need some space from me.", Dante mumbled going upstairs to his room.

"I'm gonna go check on Chiara.", I tell everyone.

I jogged up the stairs and slowly knocked on her door.

"No, please just go away Dante"

"Sis it's me.", I reply back. I heard her walking up closer to the door and unlocking it.

Her face was all red and puffy. Dried up tears all down her cheeks. All I could do was give her a big hug.

"Please don't cry Chiara", I say walking towards her bed.

"Dante hates me! I don't know what I've done but he hates me.", Fresh tears started streaming down her face.

Just then my phone made a ping.

"Give me one second Chiara", I smile, checking my phone.

There's a meeting you need to attend, I was suppose to go but I'm out right now ~ dad.

"I'm really sorry, just give me a minute."

Now? I'm a bit busy now. I type out.

Yes now! That's one of my orders. It'll take a while so don't expect coming out soon.

"Chiara, I need to go. I'm so sorry. It's urgent.", I try to make her understand but it's clear she's upset.

"No please don't go", she pleased.

"I need to go. I'm so sorry!", I say rushing out of her room.

"Don't leave!", I heard her cry out but I couldn't go back in to console her. I can't be late to this meeting.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thank you for reading, voting and commenting on this book!

It really makes my day when I wake up and see all these notifications on my phone. You guys are what gives me motivation to keep going!! 💕

Thank you so much, I love you guys!! ❤️ Hope you all guys have a great day/night.