16

The Next Day
Today I made sure to be extra early to the visit with Mason. I made it on time and I even brought my breakfast with me.

"So last night, I got home and the husband was there before me. I got home late and he was all interrogative on me. I think he thinks I'm cheating on him. I had to make up some lie to protect the little secret. It's fine though I made it up to him, if you know what I mean." I said taking a sip of my drink.
"In our book club, we're reading this book called, King of Wrath by Ana Huang. So so good. It's marriage of convenience and Vivian is so so lucky. I really think I'm a true romantic it's a bit weird because I've only ever loved one person. Yes I just said that, it's because I want to actually be honest and authentic with you. I know it's going to take time but I'm also a patient person. I need to hear one thing though. Are you interested?" I made eye contact with him hoping for a little nod or a yes. To know that I'm not wasting my time. He took a few seconds and each second he took felt like torture and a thousand stabs in the chest but, he did it! He nodded. I knew it. A smile spread across my lips. I always thought that when you fight for love, it's always worth it. Always. And a like a person once said, if you don't fight for your love, what kind of love do you have? All the hard things in life don't come easy. I'm willing. I really am willing to try and reconnect our relationship.

"Liana, I loved you once already, you're the only person who seemed to want to fight for me back so I'm willing. You however, are not making smart decisions."

"Mason stop. I don't care about that. I care about you. I know what I feel. I'm willing to come here everyday and talk to you, even if you don't open up to me it's fine. You can take your time. Ok?" He nodded. Mason and Liana will be a thing one day, a love story behind bars.
❥❥❥❥❥❥