7

I swallowed away the pain and left. When I got in my car, I just sat in silence and cried to myself. I don't exactly know what I wanted him to say, it's not like after all these years he'd care but a small part of me had hope. I heard a knock on my window and I looked to see who it was, my eyes still teary from crying. It was a police officer. He was the one who stood by the doors, observing everyone. He had grey hairs and looked as if he was in his early 50s. I rolled down my windows, grabbing a tissue and wiping my tears away. I forced a smile on my face and looked up to him, seeing the pity on his face.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"No, I-I did over hear your conversation with Mason though. I'm not meant to be getting involved but I don't think he meant it. In all honesty, the guy loved you. I've got ears and eyes everywhere, but he's hurt. He's only acting that way right now because well he probably doesn't want you getting your hopes up I mean it doesn't look like he's getting out any time soon."

"Thank you for that Mr Hawke." I said looking at his name tag. "I'll be fine, I know why he said what he said and I forgive him."

"Good. If you want I could have a talk with him?"

"I mean I don't think he'll listen but you can try. Also if you do, just tell him that he should at least write me back." Hawke pulled out a tissue from his pocket and handed it to me.

"I'll give it a try. Have a good trip home, don't cry whilst driving though." He said in a calming tone as he turned to leave. I smiled at him and breathed in a sigh of relief, maybe he'll listen to reason? I turned on 'blue jeans by Lana del ray'. Because I think I'm truly 'going to love him till the end of time.'

Mason's POV

"Gray, could I pull you for a chat really quick?" I stood up from my bed seeing Mr Hawke, I nodded and followed him through the hallway and into a private corner of the prison curious about what he wanted to talk about.

"That girl, who came to see you today, isn't it her?" When he says 'her' like that it makes it special. Liana was special to me once but she knows, knows that things are different now. Why is she here seeing me, talking about how great she's doing with that other guy. I'm stuck here, I'll never see her unless she visits but hope for that died ages ago until today. After the hope had died however I started to resent her. I thought that one of these days she'd come and see me. I just wanted to see her. It hurt when she never bothered to come, I'm glad she got the life she supposedly 'wants'. Old liana would've never wanted to give up her goals at least without trying. It just seems like she gave it up and for a man? Really liana? I turn my focus back onto my current conversation.

"It's her but like I've already said, it hurts too much to let her back in. I'm stuck here. She's married now anyway."

"She's not happy idiot. She misses you and what you had. Why else would she come all the way here? Her address on those letters says she lives in Michigan, that's 1 hour away, she drove 1 hour away to come see you and you made her cry."

"Oh come on, she's not crying."

"I just had a chat with her, she was. I'm gonna give your dumb ass self some advice. That girl cares about you still, you don't find that often. Engage with it and reply to those damn letters she sends you. Jerry sends letters out every week and every week you send nothing. Try, please." I took in what Mr hawkes said, in all honesty he's been like a father figure since I got here. Probably because he's noticed my change but he's never judged me but I think I would have to kill myself before ever forgiving her. It wouldn't hurt to...send a letter. I guess.
❥❥❥❥❥❥