2

"Honey, I'm home!" Sebastian, how lovely. I should stop being rude to him, he's nice. Yes he's nice and after all, I did make the decision to marry him.

I went down the stairs and pulled him in for a hug. As we pulled away he kissed my cheek. "How was work?" Like a caring wife would ask right?

"It was good, typical stuff. I missed you, how was your day." Hmm, all I do is stay home whilst thinking of the one that got away.

"It was good too, I made your favourite." I directed him into the kitchen. If I can't be happy with him, I can at least make him happy with me, right?

"Did you follow my mom's recipe?"

"Yep. I hope I perfected it."

"I'd enjoy it even if it wasn't perfect because you made it. Now let's eat." Though I'd already eaten because the fucker took forever at work, I joined him anyway.

We started eating and as I stared down at the food trying to push away the empty feeling I always have with him, I thought of how I started crying mid way through making his lasagne. I fucking hate this. I was such a dumb kid but I also know how selfish I am for so badly wanting this, for wanting to reverse the time, I wanted to have the cake and eat it too. I cry sometimes thinking back and looking at how Sebastian never told me to chase after my law dreams. He never told me, 'are you sure?'. He never told me, 'you're giving up your biggest dream. He never stopped me from giving up law. Mason would've never encouraged me to give it up for him. He would've never let us move to the suburbs and stay in Michigan because he knows...he knows me so well.

Sebastian started initiating conversation with me causing me to come back to reality. "I wanna have a baby." My eyes shot up with surprise. WHAT? His eyes looked at me, full of hope that I'd say yes.

"A baby? Are you sure? I mean that's...that's a lot to deal with."

"I know but think about it, a little us, walking around. You and I will create and raise a human, just a thought." A dumb one. How can he say that? We have barely even been married, we got married at just 21, HOW can he say that?

"A baby is a big deal." I shoved some lasagne into my mouth trying to stop myself from saying anything I'll regret. How can he say, 'just a thought', that is low level manipulation. He wants to manipulate me, his wife?!

Ok, I am overreacting. He's barely around and wants a kid. So that the kid can experience that? Maybe I just don't want one though because...because Mason would've been a really good dad, of course minus the serial killer stuff. He'd make time. He'd love the child...I would've wanted his kid.

I looked back up at him, "Maybe one day?" Maybe never. I spotted the hint of disappointment in his eyes as he got back to eating. Well now I feel bad.
❥❥❥❥❥❥